High School Science - Chemistry/Physics

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
My google-fu has failed me. I'm trying to figure out what topics students would be working on in Oct. or Nov. of the year in chemistry and in physics. I realize it probably depends partly on the textbooks, but I just need a general idea.

Also, does PA have a set sequence in science? I remember in my PA HS we took biology in 9th, chem in 10th, and physics in 11th, but I can't figure out if that was mandated. My setting is a private school so it might not matter anyway.

Thanks!

RainyDayNinja

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about physics, but I tutor high school chemistry. At that point in the year, depending on how advanced the class is, you could be talking about covalent/ionic bonding, basic equilibria such as Ksp, or simple acid/base chemistry.

ColoradoMom

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.the-simple-homeschool.com
Physics would probably be gravity. Center of gravity, universal gravitation, interactions, satellite motion...stuff like that. Think Kepler's laws of satellite motion. That's usually end of first semester. Prior to that it would be circular motion.

Chemistry would be atomic structure and molecular structure like electron configuration and the periodic table or electronegativity, atomic radius, and how all these properties pertain to the periodic table. Pretty boring stuff. I'd go with bonding myself. Or skip ahead to acid/base chemistry like RainyDayNinja suggested.

Edit to say your science sequence is still the standard.