25th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
In case many of you horror fans have forgotten... a milestone will be taking place. What is it you ask?

FRIDAY THE 13th will turn 25 that's right... the big TWO-FIVE this coming October. Can you beleive that 25 years ago Sean S. Cunningham came up with the idea of having a bunch of campers being stalked?

Anyway, if you have ever seen this movie once or 100 I would like to see your comments on the movie. When was the first time you saw it? What did you think?

I remember when this came out, I begged my mother to take me but of course I was only 9. When I did see it some years later, I really, really liked it... It was a movie that, well was done very well.

Friday the 13th started the "slasher" film craze... :)

GonnaBeFamous

Registered
Reaction score
I thought Halloween started the slasher film craze considering it was in 77.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Sort of...and it can be argued amongst horror fans.... Still Friday the 13th started the slasher craze of the 80's.... Although, Halloween is still the best horror movie ever made (in my opinion)!!

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
What about Freddy? I know he's later on, but still.. Friday the 13th is 25 this year!!

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
i actually never saw all of the original, but caught most of the sequels. saw 'nightmare' i don't know how many times, but talk about a series that went to hell.

i think 'friday' did start the slashers craze. at least from a certain point of view. just my opinion. i've never seen 'holloween,' either, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.