PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Chat link?

Karen Junker
04-20-2010, 04:00 AM
Call me crazy, but I can't find the link to the chat room -- did it move? Or simply disappear?

ChaosTitan
04-20-2010, 04:48 AM
The chat room is still available, but the link was removed for reasons I can't disclose at this time. As a chat OP, I apologize for the inconvenience to folks who don't go in via StarChat or other chat programs and rely on the link.

MacAllister
04-20-2010, 09:27 AM
We can PM the link to anyone who asks, but please understand that we're not making any guarantees about the tenor or quality of discussion, that the other people in the chat room are necessarily AW members, or the presence of channel ops -- they work darned hard to be there as much as possible, but we're all volunteers with lives and jobs and such, too -- and that we're in the middle of making some decisions about how to go forward with an AW chat room that's both secure and comfortable for everyone.

Maryn
04-20-2010, 04:45 PM
That's good to hear. I've only been there a few times, and one was quite the eye-opener. (And the #$%^&* couldn't even punctuate his obscenities correctly, which is what I chided him about until he left.)

Maryn, meanie

Topaz044
04-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Cool, I was going to ask this question as well. When I linked from an outside source anything I wrote was put on moderation and did not go through (not sure why).

Cheers,
Natasha

Medievalist
04-26-2010, 02:42 AM
Cool, I was going to ask this question as well. When I linked from an outside source anything I wrote was put on moderation and did not go through (not sure why).

Cheers,
Natasha

I confess, I do not understand what this means, at all. Are you talking about StarChat?

Topaz044
04-26-2010, 02:48 AM
No, I can log into the other star chats without a problem. I can also log into the absolutewrite chat room, but whenever I type something, this message comes up:

***absolutewrite Cannot send to channel (This channel is moderated, you need voice (+v))

Medievalist
04-26-2010, 03:00 AM
No, I can log into the other star chats without a problem. I can also log into the absolutewrite chat room, but whenever I type something, this message comes up:

***absolutewrite Cannot send to channel (This channel is moderated, you need voice (+v))

That's because the chat room is only live when there's a chat ops there. It's been turned off the rest of the time. This is in response to various recent incidents.

Topaz044
04-26-2010, 03:04 AM
Okay, thanks. I figured it was either me or the chatroom. :)