John Wall

Newyorkknicks07

It's open to interpretation
Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this guy going to be major bust? Every game i've seen him play, Demarcus Cousins has outplayed him.

Wall uses his athleticism to get to the hoop and score. That might work for him at the college level, but in the pros, it's not going to be as easy and Wall has already been a bit inconsistent at the college level.

Again, maybe it's just me, since everyone i talk to thinks he's the next Dwayne Wade. But personally, i think Wall needs another year or two at the college level.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think he has increased chances of being a bust just because he's probably going to be #1, which means additional pressure (especially if he goes to the NETS with a brand new owner shaping up to be the Russian Mark Cuban), and as you've pointed out he's going to have some issues transitioning to the pro game. Shoot-first point guard with good but not great athleticism, questionable jumper and an unimpressive assist-to-turnover ratio. I don't have a lot of faith in the kid's chances, but we'll see.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
People do seem to have a habit of being great athletically, until they come here to DC ... Maybe this will change with the new ownership of the Wizards (same guy who owns the Caps, who have been doing great ... except for the playoffs :cry:)

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno. He's tearing it up in summer league. I might have to revise my initial assessment and say he'll be ok, but he needs really good coaching, which is hard to find in the Association--either because the coaches are unimaginative or because the good coaches can't get enough support from ownership to stick around. As talented as he is, he's still a shoot-first point guard with an inconsistent jumper who relies perhaps too heavily on his athleticism. That's not the ideal description for your franchise guy.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, Chris Paul is allegedly going to the Knicks, which would be GREAT for the NBA.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, Chris Paul is allegedly going to the Knicks, which would be GREAT for the NBA.

Bad move for him personally. He's an uptempo, but he needs to be surrounded by guys who share the same mentality, not forced into it. D'Antoni forced it in New York. Works to some extent, but not much.