PDA

View Full Version : Seeking historical writers to touch base with on research and maybe beta later.

Annarkie
04-19-2010, 01:13 AM
Hi. I'm beginning another historical paranormal romance. My last one was set in England in 1821 (late Regency) and was fairly easy to research.
My current one is set at the same time 1820-1821, but is a little harder as it is set in France during the Bourbon restoration. People were still recovering from the revolution.

Anyway, since I found this awesome site, I was hoping to get acquainted with other historical writers to share the experience and encouragement and the occasional B**** fest.

And perhaps we can beta read for eachother when the work is complete.
PM me any time :D

tinapickles
05-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I am intrigued. I'm currently working on a novel and short story/novella set in roughly the same time period but in the US. Its a steampunk-ish world. One is set in Boston, the other in the Wild West. I'd definitely be interested in sharing info, thoughts, and maybe chapters later on.

Nice cat, BTW. Siamese? I'm "owned" by two myself!

Belle_91
05-06-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm game! I finished a ms set during the Civil War in Massachusetts so I do need someone to beta-read that, and currently I am working on a story set in Williamsburg, Virginia at the start of the American revolution.

Anyone also interested in YA as long as it is historical fiction?

MissMacchiato
05-06-2010, 09:13 AM
And me... I'm always up for a **** fest! LOL

I'm writing historical romance 1880s England :)