College Scholarships

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
If a teenage boy gets a scholarship for college because he's a great football (any sport) player and he has an accident and can't play anymore, do they take the scholarship away?

PeterL

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
It depends on the school and the scholarship and at what point he stopped being able to play.

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like him to be a senior in high school when he gets the scholarship. Then he has an accident and can't play ever again. I'd like it to be that he loses the scholarship, but I want to make sure that's correct. Thanks!

Kelsey

Book Slut
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelseyscorneroftheworld.blogspot.com
He would no doubt lose the scholarship. My high school boyfriend (I'm in college now) was a baseball player, and ended up with quite a few offers and opportunities to play in college, mostly awards for tuition. Every single one of them hinged on him playing baseball at that school.

Bing Z

illiterate primate
Registered
Reaction score
If you want your char to lose everything, make him play major sports, like football and basketball. The reason is these are called "head count" sports--one head, one scholarship. For most other sports, he probably won't get a "full ride scholarship." He'll share with other athletes one scholarship. Chances are he'll need to be offered academic scholarship as well or sell his mother to go to college.

If the guy can't play again, like Kelsey suggested, he'll lose the sports scholarship. However I don't know if the academic part will also be dropped (I guess not but uncertain.) Therefore to make things simple, make him start big and end up nothing.

Check out NCAA.com and collegesportsscholarships.com if you need further (and accurate) information.

Last edited:

PeterL

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I'd like him to be a senior in high school when he gets the scholarship. Then he has an accident and can't play ever again. I'd like it to be that he loses the scholarship, but I want to make sure that's correct. Thanks!

He would certainly lose it in that case.