Republicans Involved in Politically-Motivated Violence

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
From Yahoo!
Last Friday night, Allee Bautsch, the chief fundraiser for Louisiana's Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal, was violently assaulted, along with her boyfriend, outside of a famed New Orleans restaurant. Reports on the incident remain murky, but a source close to Bautsch tells Yahoo! News that Bautch believes they were politically motivated and has been hospitalized for days to treat her injuries.
According to a bulletin put out by the New Orleans Police Department, the fight began around 10:45 p.m., when a group of three to five men made "derogatory comments" of an undisclosed nature to Bautsch about her boyfriend, Joe Brown. When Brown "turned toward" the men making the remarks, he was hit by at least one of them. The report notes that Bautsch "fell to the ground and screamed" and suffered a broken leg when she "attempted to break up the altercation."
It seems everywhere they go, the Repubs are inciting violence these days. Something needs to be done about that.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
From Yahoo!

It seems everywhere they go, the Repubs are inciting violence these days. Something needs to be done about that.

Well, according to the article they were wearing Palin pins (though I don't see them in the picture). We all know even the most peace-loving individual left of center flies into a blind rage when they see that. :D

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Weren't they packing? Or is that only for Obama rallies?
I think they were disarmed by statute. You can't CC anyplace that serves alcohol in NO, as I understand it, and Brennan's does.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't see anywhere in the article that the Republicans started the fight. It seems clear that the attackers were some sort of radicals:

"eyewitnesses to the incident have variably described the assailants as appearing to be left-wing activists or anarchists. While attention has recently focused on threats and anger among conservative activists opposing health care reform, the attack on Bautsch and Brown may be an ugly reminder that vicious behavior exists on all sides of the political spectrum."

Romantic Heretic

uncoerced
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.romantic-heretic.com
Update: This post initially didn't note that, in Dollard's own characterization, NOPD Public Information Officer Bob Young back-tracked on his initial characterization of the attacks "as politically motivated" to say he "wasn't sure." We've added copy to make that clear. We will have more reporting on this later today.

Update: Bob Young, though confirming that the question of political motivation is a part of the investigation, is denying Dollard's report that he said the attacks were of a "political nature" to Politico's Ben Smith and saying Dollard's account of what he said is "completely incorrect."

Sigh. They were trying to demonize any one opposing them, again.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Civility in the political forum is dead, when I heard Michelle Bachman refer to the current administration as "Gangster's" last week, I just thought "fuck it".

In case you miss the point. Gangster's = Gangsta's = black = nigger...

So kind of the Congress women to insight more racial hatred into what is close to becoming a civil war of left verse right in a nation that prides itself on tolerance and fairness.........

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Civility in the political forum is dead, when I heard Michelle Bachman refer to the current administration as "Gangster's" last week, I just thought "fuck it".

So kind of the Congress women to insight more racial hatred into what is close to becoming a civil war of left verse right in a nation that prides itself on tolerance and fairness.........

I didn't hear the context that you did, but when I hear "gangsters" I think Al Capone or John Gotti. *shrug* Just an observation.

smcc360

I've Got An MFA In LEO
Registered
Reaction score

I hope you did some stretches before making that leap. Wouldn't want you spraining something.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it's my age showing but, when I hear gangsters I think Al Capone also. Perhaps it's the Chicago ties that throw me in that direction. I'm not sure. :)

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't see anywhere in the article that the Republicans started the fight. It seems clear that the attackers were some sort of radicals:

"eyewitnesses to the incident have variably described the assailants as appearing to be left-wing activists or anarchists. While attention has recently focused on threats and anger among conservative activists opposing health care reform, the attack on Bautsch and Brown may be an ugly reminder that vicious behavior exists on all sides of the political spectrum."

That's the worst thing about left-wing activists / anarchists - their damned dress sense. Recognise them at a glance you would.

Now if only they didn't wear the anarchist uniforms they'd get away with murder.
lemme see, something from searsuckers with - I dunno, maybe some type of trilby or spats or...

Last edited:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Skinny, dirty and a ponytail. When will they learn to disguise themselves better? LOL

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Does that mean everyone with a beard and ponytail is an anarchist? I just had a shower today, if that helps.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
LOL. I hadn't thought of that Don. Showering helps, IMHO. I was thinking if he'd cleaned himself up, wore a suit and attended to some basic grooming habits, maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. But, where would be the fun in that?