PDA

View Full Version : Fiction Anthology Seeks Short Stories

AB_PMS
04-16-2010, 08:01 AM

DarkDesireX
04-16-2010, 06:26 PM
I found your old thread, which has a little bit more information on it. Is all of this up to date? A website would really help us know just which imaginiative genres you're looking at as well as some information on payment and previous publications.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82925

Actually, on second note, your website seems to be for a completely different audience. So, could you provide us with the answers to those concerns or do we each have to email you to get information like that?

DarkDesireX
04-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Thank you very much. This is much more helpful!

scottishpunk
04-19-2010, 09:28 PM
I can't find the spot on your website where you talk about payment for accepted short story submissions...

Maryn
04-20-2010, 04:48 PM
That's interesting. Your pay scale is a secret? Not the way I'd go, but hey, it's your publication.

Maryn, who finds the decision quite odd

Mark_Young
04-21-2010, 11:46 AM
If I send something in, and suppose it's liked and gets through and I sign a contract, who owns the work?

TemlynWriting
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
As per our rules (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11828), we require some general idea about payment. If you cannot provide detailed information, can you at least provide a pay scale of some sort?

Thank you!

Hi folks!

First, when posting a paying market here, PLEASE state the rate in the title of your thread, preferably something along these lines:

Subject of thread [Payment: $50 per 50 words]

If you're wondering why a thread or post you made has been moved, read on. I've noticed that lately this forum has taken a bit of a turn from what its original purpose was. On the main page for AW, under "Paying Markets" it says:

Editors, please post paying opportunities for writers here. (Pay rates & terms must be listed, especially if a company itself is posting a lead. If a member is posting a lead they received secondhand, it is permissible that they may not know the pay rate & terms.)

* This includes legitimate paying opportunities that members may know of. If in doubt, feel free to post your market here, and if need be I will move it.

Maryn
04-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Thank you. I see no reason for any legitimate market to keep such basics a secret. Writers understand not every market can afford to pay professional rates, but we deserve to know what it pays in order to know if we should consider it at all.

Maryn, tipping her hat to TemlynWriting

Manuel Royal
04-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Seconded. I'm interested in Polygraff, but won't pretend payscale doesn't play a part in my decisions on submitting stories.

icenine
06-03-2010, 03:26 PM
we do not discuss payment on our web sites

Why should anybody take you seriously if you won't be upfront with them?

Maryn
06-03-2010, 04:49 PM
So, if they never reveal pay scale, does their post just stay up regardless?

I'd like to see a get-tough policy in place for publications which ignore the mod's reminder that they're required to provide certain information, with removal of the post within X number of days if they do not comply with the moderator's request.

I mean, say that can barely afford to pay anything. That's not unusual, nor a source of shame. Still, we writers deserve to know that before spending the time and effort researching a market which may not be right for us.

Maryn, increasingly annoyed at this practice

CaoPaux
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
FYI - here's their thread in BR&BC: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103430. The rates and terms discussed are for RPG stuff, but it gives you an idea of whether the ballpark is Wrigley Field or a sand lot.