100 Scariest movie moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivonia

Zodiac Fleet Commander
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.retrocrush.com/scary/

Not sure if you guys have seen this already, but if not, here goes. Some of it is pretty creepy, although if you wanna find scary parts in horror movies, this is good list (although some of them are kind of weird for even being on here hehe, such as #90. Can't blame em though after looking at those screenshots).

loquax

I verb nouns adverbly
Registered
Reaction score
The only one of those to give me real nightmares was the salem's lot one. Maybe that's because as a kid I had a huge window at the foot of my bed.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Ah, God! Number 52, the girl in the closet from The Ring - yeah, that came back on me for weeks. That was a fun list, but conspicously missing were the freakish "doctors" from Jacob's Ladder, which had to be one of the scariest cinematic sequences ever.

And honestly, was anyone ever scared during the Evil Dead movies?

Last edited:

Starlightmntn

Registered
Reaction score
#54, The Changeling.

One of my favorite movies, but the site got the scariest scene wrong! George C. Scott is sick of the ghost messing with him by rolling his dead daughter's toy ball to his feet, so he drives and drives and throws the ball over a bridge into a river. When he comes back in the front door, a sound bounces down the dark stairway. George backs against the door as the ball comes into sight in the murky light and rolls again to his feet. Goosebumps galore!

TMA-1

Registered
Reaction score
Looking through the list now. Some I have seen, some I have heard about and some "new" ones. Great list!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a huge horror fan, but it takes a lot to really scare me. It's been years since a new movie did the trick. Psychological thrillers are much scarier to me than blood & gore, but Giger's art (on its own) is pretty unnerving.

The only movie mentioned on that site that had me under the covers (peeking out) was The Shining, with Psycho coming in a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.