• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta readers for THE GHOST WRITER, a YA Paranormal novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcyKate

There can be only One.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marcykate.com
Hi there,

I would like to get feedback on my YA Paranormal novel, THE GHOST WRITER, from readers who don't personally know me. I’ve had a few critique buddies give me feedback, but I'm hoping others can provide even more insight. I would be happy to read someone else's manuscript in exchange for looking at mine.

Basically, I'm looking for a couple people who are willing to read a YA Paranormal and can give me feedback and constructive criticism on the pacing, plot, characters, etc. I've done an extensive line edit of the book so grammar-wise all should be well, but if a confusing phrase, misspelled word, or dangling participle pop up, I'd certainly like to know.

THE GHOST WRITER Summary (60,000 words):

Eighteen-year-old Tessa James can’t even watch Casper the Friendly Ghost without nightmares, so when letters written in a foreign language appear on her nightstand she does her damnedest to ignore the implications. She has enough ghosts of her own, thank you very much.

Soon Tessa realizes the letters are pieces of a diary, and the tale of Ava Dubois, a runaway millgirl turned rising starlet, begins to unravel. As Tessa is unwillingly drawn into Ava’s past, connections to the present become stark—and scary. Manchester’s Castle Theatre, her employer and once Ava's, is about to produce Hamlet, the very play canceled by Ava’s untimely death in 1935. A bizarre series of accidents plague the theatre staff, while the steady stream of letters and rumors of ghosts force Tessa into a dangerous game. A séance goes horribly awry, a boiler room acts as though it has a mind of its own, and an entire cast of otherworldly inhabitants—including a poltergeist willing to kill to protect his secret—come out to play. Tessa wants no part of it, but the spirits won’t leave her alone, nor will the suspicious detective investigating the accidents. With the body count piling up—in the past and present—Tessa must checkmate her ghosts and Ava's if she wants to live long enough to have a future.

If you'd be interested in reading THE GHOST WRITER, please let me know! Thank you in advance!

-MarcyKate
www.marcykate.com

RainyDayNinja

Registered
Reaction score
I might be interested in swapping manuscripts with you. I'm working on a sci-fi medical mystery ("Life Support" in my sig). If that sounds like something you might want to critique, let me know, and maybe we can swap a few chapters to see how things go.

Midnight Star

We are once in a lifetime.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested in possibly swapping (you beta mine, I beta yours) but we don't have to. I'm interested to see how this will turn out. PM me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.