Ack! Job offer! But it's in WV :\ (WV peeps and others- help?)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On four hours of sleep, I got up early to work, then got a call at 9am for job offers in WV. One is in Milton, and is no travel, the other is in Moorefield with travel. But both are in the mountains, not too near any major cities, and that's not the setting I like. Rural is good. Middle of nowhere bad.

But, before I say no- Can anyone tell me about Milton or Moorefield? The latter looks very nice from aerial.

I have not discussed pay or anything. (4 hours sleep, it was an effort to sound coherent and hireable, but it wasn't a phone interview per say anyways).

Both jobs are full time. Both are mixed animals, but the Moorefield is poultry as well (meh) and also required an unspecifed amount of travel (I could ask, but that's three strikes for Moorefield atm).

I'd really like something closer to home or at least more coastal (NC). But before I decide I need sleep and guidance from strangers on the interwebz :)

Btw, I was sent home to get a nap but adrenaline and sleep are not compatible. I need tea and deep breaths. :eek:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers, Alley

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I was going to ignore Don's post, but I have to say:

With everything going on in the world right now, and even were that not so, I can't fathom how someone would make such a tasteless insensitive joke, days after the miners' bodies were found dead.

If you think for one second there's a bright side to that, you need some help.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Moorefield is truly out there... don't get me wrong, it's beautiful!
--Downright gorgeous-- but sparsely populated because of the mountains and state forests and parks, it would be a fantastic setting to write if you love isolation! (seriously long drive to go anywhere).

Milton, on the other hand, gets you tons closer to stores, shopping, theatre, and a variety of culture and mix of people. Also somewhat mountainous, but a hop, skip, and jump to colleges, universities, Amtrak stations etc. off I-64 and not impossible to day trip larger cities , also close to the state capitol, and always beautiful scenery. Morgantown, WV, Blacksburg, Va, Lexington, Ky, and Cincinnati, OH are close, as well as airports, amusement parks, etc. Even though the city of Milton is itself separate.

I'm leaning toward Milton, you will need a car, and
of course anywhere in WV would be just delighted to have you. =)
and so would the State Writers groups!

-Kelly

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ohhh, Milton doesn't sound so bad then. It's not as close to family as the other job, but I'll look at it closer this evening. Thank you :)

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Don't work at the chicken plant in Moorefield. I do not know ANYBODY who has EVER had anything good to say about it.

And I know a lot of people who worked there.

That is all. (Although if you DO come to WV, we can start a writer's group if you want :D)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, that's good to know. I didn't even realize the poultry aspect was at the base location x.x

A WV writer's group would be nice :)