360 Slim; pipe-dream or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
I think the most mind blowing part is that its release was so sudden and without any real indicator it was coming, besides a couple of rumors. I'm glad they implemented wifi into it, though the feature is about 5 years late.

Good timing overall, though, since my 360 is giving me incredibly annoying disc read errors and tends to overheat, even in well-ventilated areas.

Gamien

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Website
smashingame.weebly.com
Yeah I want one too, it's going to be hard resisting the good discounts on the old hardware though. There's already price drops and gift card offers to clear the old SKUs

~

cryaegm

Snakecakes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
enigmainklings.blogspot.com
Yeah I want one too, it's going to be hard resisting the good discounts on the old hardware though. There's already price drops and gift card offers to clear the old SKUs

~
I told my brother to get the older systems that are on sale (he thinks he's going to be playing mine o_O), but he told me didn't want to spend $150 for it, yet he is willing to go all out for the 3DS, which is rumored at least around $300 - $350.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
So, anyone intending to buy the 360 S (wonder what that stands for >.> <.<)?

I want to...but I want it to be cheaper first. Probably going to wait until around mid-October to see how much the price drops.

Not gonna pay another whole $300 if I can help it, but I'd like to have this new system in time for Fable 3 (I want the wi-fi, and overall increased functionality and lifespan).

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
I'll probably be buying one pretty soon. My Xbox 360 is one of the first generation models, and while I haven't experienced an RRoD, it is becoming increasingly worse at properly reading game discs. (Claims they are DVDs, gives the "Please place this disc in a 360 console" error). As I understand it, I may be able to fix the issue by opening the case and checking the magnet/laser, which I may try before I spend the cash on a new one.

My warranty is long gone now, so there's not much harm in trying to repair the thing myself.

The wifi is the most tempting feature for me. The fact they were trying to charge $100 for a wireless adapter irked me something extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.