Changes for Agents

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
- surprisingly tricky, aren't they? Getting the character back in your head is a bit of a challenge; trying to get the speech dynamics all authentic and free-flowing again.

I'm glad she hasn't requested anything major - and it's probably helpful to bear in mind that in the event that she does sell the thing to a publisher, there might well be still more to do.....

sigh

Oh, but I'm so thrilled to have her :)

Siddharta

Lazy Kid, be gentle
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Mccardey,

I understand what you mean. My book is extra large so even minor changes can cause a big headache with continuity.
I got an agent the same day as you did. He gave me a couple of suggestions to improve the novel but didn't specifically ask me to change it. Anyway, hope it works out for us both. See you at the booker prize ceremony in 2013.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the agent, Siddharta!! An agent is a lovely thing - (yes, a bit of blatant agent-suck-up there.....)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH~~!!

I'd hoped to get finished today, and I'm *this* close!! But truly I've been here since about 8:30 am and now it's 5:00 pm and I'm HUNGRY and TIRED and I NEED A WALK - so I guess it'll be tomorrow... :(

But I'll tell you what, I love my characters all over again :)

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I'd hoped to get finished today, and I'm *this* close!! But truly I've been here since about 8:30 am and now it's 5:00 pm and I'm HUNGRY and TIRED and I NEED A WALK - so I guess it'll be tomorrow... :(

But I'll tell you what, I love my characters all over again :)

That's the fun part about editing. You get to remember what you loved so much about the story in the first place. :)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just killing time for the next 15 minutes...

... while I try to forget what I just wrote so I can write it all over again.

I didn't get finished yet - had a Proper Job Emergency just after my last entry here, which involved leaving at once to drive three hours to pick up some graphics and drive back home (with a stop by the side of the road for a 90 minute sleep) and then - blech - more Proper Job work and didn't even get the weekend off, but nil desperandum - I got back here again at 9:00 this morning and I have been powering along like a little powering thing ever since.

Now I'm off to make a cup of coffee. And it would be delicious if someone wrote something bolstering here for when I get back :)

mwah!!!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
QUICK! QUICK!!

Something Bolstering!!! I have to start work again in 7 minutes!!!

Siddharta

Lazy Kid, be gentle
Registered
Reaction score
"A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the Bush!"

...am I late??....

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear...

this whole thread's in the wrong place.

*tsk*

Can somebody move it?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
'Tis fine here, but I'd be happy to move it. Where to? Conquering Challenges? Goals & Accomplishments?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh - if it's ok here, that's fine. I'm not entirely sure of my way around yet :)

Thanks!