PDA

View Full Version : Superstitions for luck?

flotsamarama
08-20-2005, 12:22 AM
I wonder if anyone else has this kind of quirk: If I think about the response I'm expecting from my submission/query before the mail comes, I won't get anything but bills and trash mail delivered. According to this quirk, I will get a response (positive or negative, it doesn't matter) only if I'm so caught up in what I'm doing that day that I don't think about the mail until after it has come.

Sadly, this superstition has proven true 99.9 percent of the time, which just shows you that I can't go through a day without thinking about what the mail might bring....

Anybody else have any superstitions/quirks they use to fight off dejection?

J. Y. Moore
08-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Nope. I seem to know before I get to the mailbox when one is lurking there to bite me. No superstition, just some sort of intuition.

Richard
08-20-2005, 06:35 PM
I send everything out covered in pig's blood, with 'I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE' on the back. You will never, ever get a single rejection letter that way. It's like magic.

Perks
08-20-2005, 06:38 PM
I send everything out covered in pig's blood, with 'I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE' on the back. You will never, ever get a single rejection letter that way. It's like magic.

:Hail:

Won't they kick you out of the coven for telling?

InternalMelody
08-20-2005, 09:02 PM
I wonder if anyone else has this kind of quirk: If I think about the response I'm expecting from my submission/query before the mail comes, I won't get anything but bills and trash mail delivered. According to this quirk, I will get a response (positive or negative, it doesn't matter) only if I'm so caught up in what I'm doing that day that I don't think about the mail until after it has come.

Sadly, this superstition has proven true 99.9 percent of the time, which just shows you that I can't go through a day without thinking about what the mail might bring....

Anybody else have any superstitions/quirks they use to fight off dejection?

lol me too. i seriously thought i was the only one like this. i dont usually get anything when i expect it. i get when my mind is caught up on something else.

flotsamarama
08-21-2005, 02:19 AM
lol me too. i seriously thought i was the only one like this. i dont usually get anything when i expect it. i get when my mind is caught up on something else.

Thank you for helping me feel normal!!! That's why every wait is an eternity... it's hard NOT to think about the mail coming...:)