HAPPY DAY! OH, LAWD, I CAN SEE THE LIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
First, I'm so damn relieved that I finally got my completed/edited thriller back to my brand new agent. It goes out on the major sub trail in one day. The last time I was out on agent submission was two years ago, and I'd thought I'd never see the day again. Three more completed books will follow, and she said she's interested in my entire inventory. Glory be! How nice to have a positive, aggressive agent for a change.

Secondly, my SF novel needs the last 16 chapters of final edit, and it will go to publication, along with a proposal to EA for the game version. Fingers crossed on the EA deal. The publishers also want to design and run a site specifically for the book and take it to every trade show they can. I love these guys, they're SF nerds like me. We all belong in counseling.

My most important thrill came yesterday when somebody alerted me to the fictionwise bookstore site. My book, Gate Walker, is ranked 3rd for highest rated under my publisher's logo. Now, I'm not one to beg, but I'm going to whore anyway: I sure would like to take the #1 position for quality rating. I'm an AWer, what else would you expect? Now, it's a cheap-azz little e-book that costs $5.20, one of the lowest prices for new releases. One or two copies will snag that spot. My promise: If you don't enjoy this book, I'll REFUND your money. But I think you'll love it, if only for the protag, who is one of the fithiest, scariest, most disgusting villians you've every read about. That's my guarantee to you. I'd also like you to tell me if this 58-year-old man got inside an 18-year-old female's head. My last agent didn't think so. I feel that I've proved him wrong.

Fictionwise: http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/p1575/Lyrical-Press-Inc/?&si=0http://www.amazon.com/Gate-Walker-e...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268163613&sr=1-1

So make me a slut--buy me.;):tongue:D:poke:

I doff my fedora to you in humble gratitude and humbly bend over (but not too much, I think).

Thank you for suffering through this service announcement.

Tri--red-shifting. GB

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Chris, love your promotion! Much good luck with it and hope ya make it to #1. Most deserved!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats and give me some of that confidence. (Not that I'd want to take any away from you. I'll just borrow it and give it back).

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Awesome news, Tri. No one deserves the #1 slot more than you! Everything sure sounds like it's going right for you and that's how it should be! Congrats on everything!

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Such awesome awesomeness, Tri !!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE reading stuff like this on a Monday morning.

Congrats. I learn so much on AW, and one of the things I've learned from you, specifically, tri, is PATIENCE. Thank you.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Ya know, we see a lot of first novels hit it big, some three book deals--some totally awesome news even here, where AWers have launched careers and are well on their way. That's the roll of the dice, and we can't judge ourselves too harsly when we are witness to those miracles. They're to be commended for their talent and obvious appeal. Bless 'em all! But some of us, probably most of us, have the long road to travel to reach those pinnacles. That's all part of it--the experience.

Determination is important. But patience plays a huge part in this business. There is no instant gratification. It's like rungs up the ladder. No skipping the rungs--just sure-footed placement on every one.

What can you say, but enjoy and learn from the ride up?

Tri

Begbie

Quite a character
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! You're absolutely right, you can't overstate the importance of patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.