PDA

View Full Version : What's your...?

Susie
04-05-2010, 09:34 PM
favorite season and why? Just curious. :D Mine is Spring. So purty.

Kateness
04-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Autumn/fall.

So many colors, nice and cool but still warm (in my corner of the world). And so damn calm.

alleycat
04-05-2010, 09:36 PM
When I was younger it was fall. Now it's spring.

L.J.
04-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Spring, without a doubt. I do like fall, too. I just don't like that winter follows it.

Oh yeah, the why. The milder temperatures. (89/91..what milder temps? lol). The beautiful days. The very active birds. The budding trees and blooming flowers. The season of new life and hope.

jennontheisland
04-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Right now, summer. OMG I'm so fucking sick of being cold.

DeleyanLee
04-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Autumn/Fall because it's still warm/mild in temperature and the sunshine is less glaring, which means I can be out in it more without getting a migraine.

writerterri
04-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Has to be summer for me. I'm with my kids more because they are home from school (they do drive me crazy) and we have fun at the beach and at the pool swimming and BBQ'ing. I do hate the heat but the water is fine.

Leah J. Utas
04-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Autumn. It's still warm, but crisp in the morning and it makes me feel alive.

Kitty
04-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Can I be difficult and say all of them....?

*shuffles feet*

Forbidden Snowflake
04-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Spring. Able to walk around in a shirt sometimes and the days starting to be longer..

CheyElizabeth
04-05-2010, 09:58 PM
SUMMER. I actually love the ridiculous heat in Texas.

sadron
04-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Autumn because it is cool and falling leaves.

jennontheisland
04-05-2010, 10:22 PM
SUMMER. I actually love the ridiculous heat in Texas.
I'll be moving there as soon as I can. I'm looking forward to summers that actually require air conditioning.

Wicked
04-05-2010, 10:44 PM
All four. I need to have all four. And in a place where the weather can turn on a dime from one extreme to the next.

The continuous change of seasons is stable and familiar, and wildly unpredictable all at the same time.

I love snow.
I love thunderstorms.
I love hot summer days that demand you go swimming.
I love the fresh new blossoms of spring.
I love the sunsets, and fiery colors of fall.
I love blizzards that trap you inside, snug and cuddled up under the blankets.
I love getting caught in the rain on a hot day.
I love the tingle of winter cold on my cheeks.
I love the first warm days of spring. The kind where you can feel the sun through your clothes.
I love the relief of cool shade under a leafy tree in summer.
I love the scent of leaves, and the cool breezes that herald fall.
etc, etc, etc.

stormie
04-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Hard to say, since we have four seasons here and I like them all. (Yes, even snow. Except when it was like this past winter.)

First choice would be spring. The visitors haven't come yet (summer) and I have the beach to myself. The air is crisp and fresh. And I don't have to worry about bundling up like in the winter or fall.

Shadow_Ferret
04-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Right now, summer. OMG I'm so fucking sick of being cold.

This. I hate winter. I hate being cold. I hate shoveling.

I love green. I love hearing birds and crickets and seeing little critters cavort in the yard. I love to hike in a green, leafy woods, listening to the sounds of the forest.

Summer makes me feel alive. Winter kills a little part of me each year.

But I don't like ridiculous heat, which is why I won't move somewhere more southern that is green and full of life year-round.

If only I could find some place that was a wonderful 68 and sunny year round.

thehairymob
04-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Summer because with any luck it will be warm and sunny. :D

Midnight Star
04-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Winter. I like the cold, as well as the occasional snow we get here.

aadams73
04-05-2010, 11:18 PM
I like them all for varying reasons, but my favorite shifts depending on where I'm living. Summer used to be my favorite because I'd spent all my life living by the ocean. Then I moved to Texas, so far inland that summer consists of humidity and a solid wall of heat that never quits, even during the night. I'm a trooper and I'll make the best of wherever I'm living, but enough's enough.

semilargeintestine
04-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Summer. Concert season. :D

Kitty Pryde
04-05-2010, 11:24 PM
WINTER! Mostly for the skiing. But also for the holidays and hot cocoa and such. The ski area near me is closing after next weekend and I has a sad!

heyjude
04-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Summer, for the reasons aadams hates it. I looooove that neverending wall of hot and humid. I love that we've been swimming every day for the last week. I love Florida. Which is why we moved here. :tongue

Midnight Star
04-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I looooove that neverending wall of hot and humid. :tongue

:Wha:

What the bleep is wrong with you?

heyjude
04-05-2010, 11:40 PM
:Wha:

What the bleep is wrong with you?

Yeah, talk to me the first time our A/C breaks...

Shadow_Ferret
04-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Summer. Concert season. :D

Oh, yes. And all the festivals we have here. Summerfest. Germanfest. Irishfest. Italianfest. Mexicanfest. And all the church festivals. Summer is just one big party!

And swimming. Can't do that in the winter unless you're a polar bear.

Midnight Star
04-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah, talk to me the first time our A/C breaks...

I will so laugh when that happens. :D

And then I'll feel bad for laughing, cause that's just the kind of girl I am. ;)

aadams73
04-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Summer, for the reasons aadams hates it. I looooove that neverending wall of hot and humid. I love that we've been swimming every day for the last week. I love Florida. Which is why we moved here. :tongue

See, once upon a time I would have agreed, but San Antonio doesn't have a beach. Give me hot weather and a beach and I'm good to go. Otherwise, bring on the snow. :D

Shadow_Ferret
04-05-2010, 11:52 PM
...bring on the snow. :D

Bite your tongue!

Midnight Star
04-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Hey, if you don't want to snow, FedEx it to me. I love snow.

Shadow_Ferret
04-05-2010, 11:56 PM
No. No. No! We're having an unusually early spring. The snow is all gone. The weather is nice. It's like we've all died and gone to Heaven.

Midnight Star
04-05-2010, 11:58 PM
It's like 80 degrees here. Too warm.

Maybe I'll go to someplace like Australia where they're in autumn.

semilargeintestine
04-06-2010, 12:03 AM
It's 80 here and not humid at all. Perfect weather.

rhymegirl
04-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Fall. I love the beautiful leaves and cool weather.

heyjude
04-06-2010, 02:39 AM
See, once upon a time I would have agreed, but San Antonio doesn't have a beach. Give me hot weather and a beach and I'm good to go. Otherwise, bring on the snow. :D

Oh yeah. We're twenty minutes from the world-famous Siesta Key beach. It is amazingly wonderful!

jennontheisland
04-06-2010, 02:45 AM

Freak.

I'll trade you.

aadams73
04-06-2010, 03:02 AM
Freak.

I'll trade you.

That sounds like a deal.

brokenfingers
04-06-2010, 03:24 AM
My favorite season is Fall.

But I love the snow also and had no problem with the massive amounts we got this past winter. It's already 80 here and I'm sick of it already.

Snowstorm
04-06-2010, 03:35 AM
WINTER! It's so quiet, practically NO traffic. The snow reveals which critters, from the moose to the cougar to the weasel have passed by and what they were doing. It's cozy with the fireplace or the 150-year-old woodstove running. The whole world just goes away.

Oooh, yeah.

writerterri
04-06-2010, 04:11 AM

I love green. I love hearing birds and crickets and seeing little critters cavort in the yard. I love to hike in a green, leafy woods, listening to the sounds of the forest.

But I don't like ridiculous heat, which is why I won't move somewhere more southern that is green and full of life year-round.

The grocery store? Love it there in the summer.

backslashbaby
04-06-2010, 04:18 AM
I like them all, but I can get really sick of the winter and really hate the heat and stickiness of summer.

I love the first warm days of spring! I love the first chilly morning of fall :)

My favorite seasons do not coincide with my favorite plants, though, and I'm a garden freak. So summer is back in. Winter would be off the list if it weren't for hot chocolate and awesome boots ;) I do love boots.

Tepelus
04-06-2010, 05:02 AM
I love gardening too! Spring is my favorite season, but I like the months of May and June, where it's nice and warm, but not hot, when we get rain before July shuts off the waterworks and I have to do the watering, the hostas look fresh and beautiful, the daylilies are just beginning to bloom (end of June-July) and the thunderstorms! I get scared when there's the threat of tornadoes, but I love listening to thunder. If only my dog wasn't afraid of them, annoying the heck out of me. Oh, and the baby birds, and seeing my first hummingbird. Spring is great!

Silver King
04-06-2010, 05:13 AM
Spring, when the waters of the Gulf of Mexico reach seventy degrees. That's when tarpon begin to appear just off the coast. Sometimes giant pods can be seen, with hundreds of fish breaking the surface while thousands more fill the water column.

We never reach for fishing rods during those times, content to join the teeming mass as they slip past the boat close enough to touch with our fingers.

If the sun is high enough, and the water clear, it reflects upon the backs and sides of the fish, creating a sense of drifting through molten silver. Their scales act like prisms, too, sending rainbow colors bending in all directions.

Eventually, we fish; but not until some days have passed, when the giant pods have split into much smaller groups that are more challenging to pursue.

bettielee
04-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I am torn between spring and fall. Fall is lovely in my area. But spring has flower times. I like the flowers.

regdog
04-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Fall is my favorite season

Try San Diego, they have pretty good weather

heyjude
04-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Spring, when the waters of the Gulf of Mexico reach seventy degrees. That's when tarpon begin to appear just off the coast. Sometimes giant pods can be seen, with hundreds of fish breaking the surface while thousands more fill the water column.

We never reach for fishing rods during those times, content to join the teeming mass as they slip past the boat close enough to touch with our fingers.

Oh, this sounds wonderful. I don't know one fish from another (um, except that you're my personal favorite :)), but many times wading out in the gulf we're surrounded by little guys, darting this way and that. Some of them are curious enough to come up to us for a look. I could stand there all day and watch them. But I won't, 'cause I'm afraid of sharks.

kayleamay
04-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Where I live it rains in the fall and it rains in the winter and it rains in the spring and it rains for fair part of the summer. Someday I would just like to live in a place where the sky is a color other than gray. I want snow every winter and mild summers because if I get too hot I get dizzy and fall over. I wish I was joking about that, but I'm not. I'm open to suggestions.

Ken
04-06-2010, 07:14 PM
... winter. The snow keeps people off the streets so I can wander about alone with my imaginary pet Husky ^..^

Shadow_Ferret
04-06-2010, 07:16 PM
The grocery store? Love it there in the summer.
Yes. Fresh fruit!

Try San Diego, they have pretty good weather
And earthquakes.

I spent a year there while I was in the Navy. Nice place otherwise.

Brukaviador
04-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Winter though not for the reasons you might think. I live in a city where it can easily get to about 30 or 40 below zero (that's Celsius; I don't know what it is in Fahrenheit) which means that come December, nobody goes outside unless they have to.

Why is that a good thing? Means I can go anywhere I want after dark without having to be bothered by other people. I love walking around outside when it's cold, dark and quiet. It's so peaceful and relaxing. Bonus: I can imagine myself as the last human alive. Come sundown, I own the city. :)

semilargeintestine
04-06-2010, 07:31 PM
For you Americans, -30C is about -22F. ;)

jilly61
04-06-2010, 09:29 PM
I love the autumn/fall with its mists and dark nights. I love the colors of the falling leaves and the stark shapes of the bare branches.

Paper & Pencil
04-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Fall. I like how the leaves look in the trees and the sound dry ones make when they brush up again branches or sweep across the ground.

Chasing the Horizon
04-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Summer! I love the heat and humidity, and the fireflies, and the 4th of July fireworks. Best of all are the summer nights, when it's still hot and humid and there's heat lightning on the horizon. There's something really magical about mid-summer nights. And thunder storms. I love thunder storms.

Unlike some of you other wimps, I don't have AC, so I get to enjoy the 95 degree weather both inside and out. :D

robeiae
04-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Rabbit season.

Gregg
04-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Spring is nice - birds singing, flowers coming up, thunderstorms.
Winter is OK when we can leave the frozen tundra (either for sun or skiing - or both?)
Summer? Ah, golf, but not if it's too humid (which often happens).

But Fall is best - cool, colors, hunting. Time in the woods with the dog.