Finally Cracked Parenting!

yellowscribe

Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! I finally cracked Parenting, one of my dream pubs. Contract is on its way. When they rejected my first query (rather nicely I must admit) I thought I was in for a long time of querying, being rejected, and querying again. But no, my second try and I score! Woo hoo!

In other news, I also just had one of my erotic poems accepted for Justus Roux's website!

Have many other things in the pipeline (I've been a busy girl:Clap: )!

yellowscribe

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's terrific news! I was just wondering how to crack that magazine this week...any tips to pass along from your query? (Did you query by snail mail or email? Do you think they'd been interested in a children's health/personal experience article?? My daughter was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis at 5 yrs. of age.) What topics do they seem interested in--do you mind sharing what yours was?

yellowscribe

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, you guys! pb10220, I can't really pass along any tips because I still can't believe it. But I queried by email and I'd say the pitch was pretty detailed. I included the expert I planned to interview and info on the points I would cover. This is for the Ages+Stages section of the magazine, so it's just a short, but pays $1.25 per word. Right now, all I can tell you is my topic is a how-to piece.

I really don't know if they'd be interested in the topic you're speaking of. All you can really do is try. Who knows, they may go for it. If not them, someone else. It really seems interesting.

According to the ed. I'm working with, they're always in need of good pitches for the Ages+Stages section, so you may want to check those out and see if you can come up with something that might fit.

Good luck!

yellowscribe

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Way to go, yellowscribe, and thanks for the tips! Tell us when your article comes out so we can all go rush out and read it!

:Clap:

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Ah.
The magazine.
Oh.
I thought you meant you had finally figured out the secret for successful, pain-free parenting ... you know, raising kids.
The secret of the universe.
The meaning of Life.
Sigh.
Well, I guess we'll all just have to continue bumbling around with the parenting business, trial-and-error, as always.
Nonetheless, congratulations on getting into the magazine. :Clap:

yellowscribe

Registered
Reaction score
Oh no. I wish I did know the secret for successful, pain-free parenting. I'd be one rich girl! I just had my first child two months ago, so I have a long (very long) way to go.

yellowscribe

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yellowscribe said:
Thanks, you guys! pb10220, I can't really pass along any tips because I still can't believe it. But I queried by email and I'd say the pitch was pretty detailed. I included the expert I planned to interview and info on the points I would cover. This is for the Ages+Stages section of the magazine, so it's just a short, but pays $1.25 per word. Right now, all I can tell you is my topic is a how-to piece.

I really don't know if they'd be interested in the topic you're speaking of. All you can really do is try. Who knows, they may go for it. If not them, someone else. It really seems interesting.

According to the ed. I'm working with, they're always in need of good pitches for the Ages+Stages section, so you may want to check those out and see if you can come up with something that might fit.

Good luck!

yellowscribe

Thanks for the feedback...I'll do a little more research on this (spelled P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-E !)

akelsey333

Peace...
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations :banana:

Now that you're a parenting expert, any tips on how to get my son to finish his homework without bribes or threats? ;)