• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta readers for fantasy story

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you

Got some serious rewriting to do.
Thanks for replying, greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone,

I am looking for someone (or more) willing to read (part of) my fantasy story. For now it is about 40 000 words long, but I update it regularly. It is posted on the internet as a blog. Some of my friends read it, but I would appreciate the opinion of people who know what they are talking about.

talesofagoria.blogspot.com

Synopsis:

In a dimension (Agoria), based on our medieval times, live three nations of men, enemies from the beginning of time. Their hatred for each other is inborn. On earth lives a group of very close friends, some of them even dating. They all come from Agoria, but they do not know this from each other. Events unravel and they find out that they belong to the different nations. When they return to Agoria their loyalty to their people and to their friends is put to the test.

Thanks in advance,
regards

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Hi The Writer,

I took a look at your writing sample and immediately noticed: (1) dialogue punctuation issues; (2) lack of appropriate paragraph breaks, making it difficult to work out which line of dialogue belongs to which speaker; and (3) an overall impression of huge walls of text which are daunting to read. May I suggest that you clean up the punctuation and add paragraph breaks where appropriate? I think a little polish would make this project more appealing to potential beta readers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Parametric

The Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated :)

I took down the story to work on your suggestions. (Took my lord of the rings copy by my side for guidance!)

When I finish it, I will put it back out there.

thanks again,
regards

Last edited:

The Writer

Registered
Reaction score
I started uploading my updated posts.

I hope to get more comments!

Thanks

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In four hours you have considered and corrected all the points mentioned by Parametric????

I don't think so, my dear. :Hug2:

I started uploading my updated posts.

I hope to get more comments!

Thanks

The Writer

Registered
Reaction score
I have started uploading the subchapters I finished, not the entire story of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.