A Twilight game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
If Edward leaves your party, Bella's Angst-Meter goes over 9000.

Reaction score
Level one boss: Jump off a cliff to make your boyfriend come back, collecting sparkle power-ups on the way down.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
What the hell would you do in the game? Games need plots. Or at the very least a thin excuse for a plot, which to my knowledge Twilight doesn't have.

Reaction score
Stand passively by and wait for a sparkly gamer to come save you from the end-level boss of course.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
*Edward has left
*Bella becomes unable to move
*Bella dies of starvation
*Edward doesn't comes back
*Bella's corpse stays dead

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
This is ill-conceived.

Twilight is marketed to, and primarily consumed by, tween girls.

And girls don't play video games.

(Not even me. It's a scientific fact that my hormones and other girl parts temporarily warp into another dimension and I become gender-neutral as soon as I pick up a controller or launch a PC game. FACT.)

OTOH: make this an MMO and it will sell like--well, Twilight. Blizzard, are you listening?

Reaction score
*menu
*check power-ups
*activate Jacob shapeshift cheat
*eat the enemy

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
OTOH: make this an MMO and it will sell like--well, Twilight. Blizzard, are you listening?

I think it may be more appropriate to say that if you're a twi-girl, then you probably don't play video games :p

Twilight as an MMO is an even more horrible idea.
The Twilight universe just doesn't have the population in the story to support those kind of numbers.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I think this will be huge. Do not underestimate the Twi-hards.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
New Features Announced Today:

* The Sparkle Power-Up: Gives your vampire extra sparkle, which doesn't do a damned thing, but gave the game designers something to do.
* The Bella Swan Emotion Expansion: Includes "mope", "angst", "drool", and "blank stare".
* The "Above The Law" Power-Up: Gives your vampire immunity from local laws against things like stalking and breaking & entering.
* Fabric Solvent: Applies to Jacob, causes his shirt to melt away. He will be unaffected by the cold, crappy weather of the Washington coast.
* The Soap and Water Expansion Pack: Specifically for Edward. More specifically for the guy who plays him in the films.
* The Thunderdome Cheat Code: Because seriously, if Edward and Jacob had to duke it out in the Thunderdome to win Bella, I'd watch.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
But seriously. What would you do in the game?

LOG's guess is as good as anyone's. I can only see it working as a dating sim. That was, after all, the appeal of the novels.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score

Bella would smite her foe with her endless angst. Edward would stalk their enemies and run his hands through his hair until his vanity killed them.

Um...

Beyond that, I've got nothing!

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Extra points should be awarded for fooling Dad.

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
I was about to say that Twilight fans don't play video games... but if you think about how rabid they are, I bet if a game was made then they would rush out to buy both an Xbox and the game.

And boom - another gajillion dollars is made. Its a genius idea.

(Of course, I don't want tween girls and twimoms in my Gamestop)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Mission 1: Edward is out of hair gel. Go to the mall, fight off the other girls and fetch him some hair products.

Mission 2: Edward has lost his sparkle. Fight your way through the crowds at Wal-Mart to bring him some more glitter.

Mission 3: Bella haz a sad. Sit in the psychiatrist's office for several hours, fending off crazy patients, and bring her some antidepressants.

Mission 4: Bella haz another sad. Watch her sleep.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New Features Announced Today:

* The Sparkle Power-Up: Gives your vampire extra sparkle, which doesn't do a damned thing, but gave the game designers something to do.
* The Bella Swan Emotion Expansion: Includes "mope", "angst", "drool", and "blank stare".
* The "Above The Law" Power-Up: Gives your vampire immunity from local laws against things like stalking and breaking & entering.
* Fabric Solvent: Applies to Jacob, causes his shirt to melt away. He will be unaffected by the cold, crappy weather of the Washington coast.
* The Soap and Water Expansion Pack: Specifically for Edward. More specifically for the guy who plays him in the films.
* The Thunderdome Cheat Code: Because seriously, if Edward and Jacob had to duke it out in the Thunderdome to win Bella, I'd watch.
Man, if it meant a trip to Thunderdome, I'd rig the fight to make sure nobody got out that night...

LOG's guess is as good as anyone's. I can only see it working as a dating sim. That was, after all, the appeal of the novels.
One of those creepy, stalker-y sims, natch...

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of girls have a NintendoDS.

If they could link up with each other and all play at the same time I bet they'd even have parties.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
So it'd be a bunch of girls and mothers wooing each other in a massively multiplayer online dating sim?

Status
Not open for further replies.