Real life Medical Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAP

Registered
Reaction score
I am not sure it this is allowed, but I am very worried and don't know where else to seek advice.

My 5-year-old daughter has had a fever for four days now (ranging 101 to 103 F) and a mild cough. I can control it with medication, but it comes back immediately after the motrin wears off.

I have taken her to see a doctor (not our normal Pediatrician, she is out of town), and he checked her ears, throat, and listened to her chest while she took deep breaths then said it is viral and we will just wait and see a few days then bring her back. So I took her back, and he did and said the same thing.

I am frustrated because I don't know this doctor, and I don't trust him. Am I just being an overly concerned mother, or should I take her to a different doctor for a second opinion.

Thanks

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not an expert, but I've got a 5 year old daughter too and I would just wait it out. Keep her on medicine, I alternate between Tylonel and Motrin.

Maybe check WebMD?

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I've been in a similar situation with my own - I ended up going to the children's clinic in the hospital ER.

Go with your instincts, MAP.

{{hugs}}

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Talk to your doctor, talk to a nurse. Best of luck.

Don't talk to a forum of writers.

Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.