A movie about Lady Potato's Russet Noon????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twimom

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newbie and I was doing some Google searches about Twilight fanfics. My kids love Twilight, so I can't say I hate it, but I don't love it either. I'm kinda in the middle. I've read better books, but I've also read worse, so I'm not a Steph hater though I respect you guys' opinions.

I was surprised to find several links to posts in this forum about this crazy lady Sybilla who is publishing her fanfic!!! What has this world come to? I mean seriously. I was reading some of the posts here and on other sites, so I learned a little bit of background info about Mrs. Potato Head, and I was shocked when I read a press release about a Russet Noon movie. What the heck is going on with that? Is it an April fool's joke or something?

Somebody please enlighten me. This is the press release in case you guys want to read it.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, that press release is so much bullshit. Russet Noon "continues to make waves"? It's a "force to be reckoned with"? "No word yet on whether the producers will attempt to cast the same actors from the original movie franchise"? :ROFL:

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newbie and I was doing some Google searches about Twilight fanfics. My kids love Twilight, so I can't say I hate it, but I don't love it either. I'm kinda in the middle. I've read better books, but I've also read worse, so I'm not a Steph hater though I respect you guys' opinions.

So much so that you named your self 'Twimom' o_0

I was surprised to find several links to posts in this forum about this crazy lady Sybilla who is publishing her fanfic!!! What has this world come to? I mean seriously.

I really don't know. Why don't you enlighten us?

I was reading some of the posts here and on other sites, so I learned a little bit of background info about Mrs. Potato Head, [/quote]

Wow. That's mature. Name calling now?

Somebody please enlighten me. This is the press release in case you guys want to read it.

Not particularly.

But welcome to the forum anyway.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lets give Twimom the benefit of the doubt for a bit. She might join us and participate or that may have been drive-by spud spam. Click that link at your own risk.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lets give Twimom the benefit of the doubt for a bit. She might join us and participate or that may have been drive-by spud spam. Click that link at your own risk.
Good Lord, there's so much purple in that release I thought my monitor went on the fritz!

Reaction score
shaldna, shaldna, shaldna. What have I told you? Calm down. Think of your blood pressure!

Please. I don't want you going apopleptic. Nor, for fear of Soccer Mom's ban-stick, running amok.
Wow. That's mature. Name calling now?
I believe it was Gilloughly who nicknamed Lady Sybilla, Potato Head in the original Russet Noon thread.

Twimom

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, it's really not spam, now I'm being accused, oh well, it was a honest question, it's on Google News so I thought it might be worth discussing it

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
Thanks, it's really not spam, now I'm being accused, oh well, it was a honest question, it's on Google News so I thought it might be worth discussing it

It's not hard to get on Google News. Anyone can release stuff through those press release sites. It's not being reported on a major news site, because it's not really news.

That's because her movie deal is her with a camera and a few friends (if she manages to make anything). She doesn't have a book deal. She doesn't have a movie deal. She's just another fan fiction writer. I can see how her posturing might make it look like she's more important than she is... but don't fall for it.

Last edited:

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Besides, who cares, really? If Lady Syphilis or whatever her name is tries to make anything even close to a movie (unless it's on her cell phone) Meyer's lawyers will pop her like a zit. Even the stupidest person who's heard of 'copyright infringement' will know that.

Why add to this idiot's ridiculous sense of self-importance by giving her even the slightest bit of credibility?

Yeah, she's making a movie. I am too. You don't think George Lucas will get mad if I film MY version of the Anakin trilogy do you? See, there's this great part right at the beginning where Jar Jar Binks gets run over by the droid army's land transport, thus trimming about 1/3 of the time of the total movie and sparing true Star Wars fans the agony of watching that critter's CGI knees bend backwards. But, I can't do CGI so I'm using Mr. Bill instead. No one will notice it's him after I stick those playdoh ears on...

Twimom

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks again, the last thing I need is to be mistaken for LS

Besides, who cares, really? If Lady Syphilis or whatever her name is tries to make anything even close to a movie (unless it's on her cell phone) Meyer's lawyers will pop her like a zit. Even the stupidest person who's heard of 'copyright infringement' will know that.

Why add to this idiot's ridiculous sense of self-importance by giving her even the slightest bit of credibility?

Yeah, she's making a movie. I am too. You don't think George Lucas will get mad if I film MY version of the Anakin trilogy do you? See, there's this great part right at the beginning where Jar Jar Binks gets run over by the droid army's land transport, thus trimming about 1/3 of the time of the total movie and sparing true Star Wars fans the agony of watching that critter's CGI knees bend backwards. But, I can't do CGI so I'm using Mr. Bill instead. No one will notice it's him after I stick those playdoh ears on...

I'm just a housewife, so I don't know anything about press releases and Google News. All I know is there's a whole list of links about it on Google, Twitter and Bing, and now Twilight Lexicon posted a response to the article on their site. Why go through all the trouble if she's that insignificant? I mean, you guys had pretty long threads devoted to her last time I checked. I'm just saying. Why make such a big deal over a crazy fanfic writer? Wouldn't it be better to just ignore her ravings? Just my humble opinion.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, this may upset someone, but our new friend "doesn't care" way too much. Has someone checked her IP?

She shows up today, with this one post, and harps on how she knows nothing about it, but still implies that Tater must be something more than nothing. Someone has an awful lot invested for not caring.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ease up on the snark. I've checked the IP's and both that and the location of origination are different from Lady Sybilla. This is just a curious person looking for discussion.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
I'm just a housewife, so I don't know anything about press releases and Google News. All I know is there's a whole list of links about it on Google, Twitter and Bing, and now Twilight Lexicon posted a response to the article on their site. Why go through all the trouble if she's that insignificant? I mean, you guys had pretty long threads devoted to her last time I checked. I'm just saying. Why make such a big deal over a crazy fanfic writer? Wouldn't it be better to just ignore her ravings? Just my humble opinion.

You know--my post wasn't directed at you in any way, shape or form. Just so you know. This one, however, is.

The thread you refer to about this nonsense was a thread about the legal ramifications of copyright infringement and intellectual property theft when fan fiction tries to take a step further--as you would know if you had read the thread.

For the most part, I do ignore her and her ravings and all the bullshit attributed (by her) to this great work she's created after stealing someone else's intellectual property.

Now then--I find it interesting that you don't know anything about Google and press releases, and then instantly turn around and tell us--

All I know is there's a whole list of links about it on Google, Twitter and Bing, and now Twilight Lexicon posted a response to the article on their site.

Doesn't compute, you know? You don't know anything about Google but you use Google? Nope--doesn't add up. Even "Just a Housewife" can do basic mathematics. It also doesn't compute that you would say this:

Why make such a big deal over a crazy fanfic writer? Wouldn't it be better to just ignore her ravings? Just my humble opinion

--when you're the one that started the thread. In case you hadn't noticed, there wasn't any information about this horseshit news flash on this site until YOU posted it. Why is that, I wonder? Could it be that we were ignoring her? Not making a big deal? Relegating her to the cesspool of the arts where plagiarists and poseurs are side by side with vanity publishers and scam agents?

Yeah.

So think of it this way: I, too, am "just a housewife" so I find the disparaging tone of that phrase more than a little annoying. I also happen to be "just a housewife" who was happily working on her contracted novel until a new poster starts a thread about a intellectual property thief's alleged movie deal. And when I saw the thread title, I assumed it was a practical joke--maybe an April Fools attempt in a different time zone. *shrug* I don't care. What I do care about is the fact that now this thread will turn up on that Google thing you know nothing about and will lend credibility to this bullshit rumor about a movie that doesn't exist and a "book" that Stephenie Meyer's lawyers have slapped a cease and desist order on and can't even be read.

See, even an ignorant, stupid, uneducated, clueless, and completely out of the loop "housewife" like myself knows that if ATTORNEYS HAVE STOPPED THE PUBLICATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF THE THEFT OF STEPHENIE MEYER'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, THERE'S NOT A MOVIE PRODUCER IN THE WORLD THAT WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK, "OH WOW--THAT WOULD MAKE A GREAT MOVIE."

You don't have to have a PhD to have basic common sense. There are a lot of threads on AW about intellectual property theft. Maybe you should read some of thing and it might help you understand why we were talking about this IP thief in the first place.

Look--I can tell by your username that you're a fan of the Twilight books and that's a good thing. Just be careful attributing motivations to people you don't know and starting spats on your first day. Go introduce yourself and read the Newbie Guide and maybe you'll get a better understanding of exactly what it is we do here.

Last edited:

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
Well welcome on in. :welcome:

We're pretty suspicious of lady sillypotatoes. She's tried to come in to make us feel her twilove a few times before.

She doesn't seem to be that smart though. She tends to over do it and blow her cover pretty quickly. And frankly the lot of us are tired of her strutting on a dark stage.

All of those links at this point are most likely the potato trying to get her lime light back. She's a very sad lonely girl with too much time on her hands.

The initial wave (ripple rather) that she caused was everyone trying to grind it through her skull that she could get the pants sued off of her if she tried it. However we kept drilling through her skull and got to the other side without encountering the brains.

So the interweb mutually decided to let it play its course alone.

Any ways. If soccer mom says your IP isn't Lady Sybilla's area I'll trust her assessment, and welcome you to the AW cooler.

If you are silly potato you won't listen to this advice, but if you aren't I suggest going in and asking a few questions about writing and publishing. And I'd for sure not come back to this thread.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe she's not trying to be disparaging at all. Some people, either as a way of being humble or as a result of low self-esteem, make remarks that come across as personally disparaging and have no intention of insulting anyone else who happens to share that trait.

I honestly don't get what y'all are making a big deal of here. Maybe it's because I've never heard of this person. When I read the posts by the OP, all I see is someone who is genuinely curious and wondering about something and therefore asking a question.

She's not being disingenuous to say she doesn't know how Google works. She didn't say, "I don't know how to use Google." What she was responding to was a comment that news articles on the site are not necessarily trustworthy because any news outlet can upload the stories. I didn't know that, and I know how to get around Google and follow links just fine. You're misreading what she's saying, either intentionally or not, but it seems completely unfair to me to be nit picking like that and mincing words with a new person when that's clearly not what she was saying.

I don't understand how it's considered acceptable to be this rude to a brand new person coming along. She didn't come here saying, "This is my work go check it out." She came here asking a legitimate question, and people are assuming that she's making a fake post in order to spread around a link. That's insulting in its own right, guys. Hell, it's insulting and hostile and unfair.

What about giving the benefit of the doubt before making accusations?

I looked at that article, and wondered how the hell a person can sell what is essentially fanfic without being caught for it, or make movies with the intention of selling it (no matter how small the scale). Why can't we have a conversation about that without making insulting comments to a poster who we should be welcoming instead.

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe she's not trying to be disparaging at all. Some people, either as a way of being humble or as a result of low self-esteem, make remarks that come across as personally disparaging and have no intention of insulting anyone else who happens to share that trait.

I honestly don't get what y'all are making a big deal of here. Maybe it's because I've never heard of this person. When I read the posts by the OP, all I see is someone who is genuinely curious and wondering about something and therefore asking a question.

She's not being disingenuous to say she doesn't know how Google works. She didn't say, "I don't know how to use Google." What she was responding to was a comment that news articles on the site are not necessarily trustworthy because any news outlet can upload the stories. I didn't know that, and I know how to get around Google and follow links just fine. You're misreading what she's saying, either intentionally or not, but it seems completely unfair to me to be nit picking like that and mincing words with a new person when that's clearly not what she was saying.

I don't understand how it's considered acceptable to be this rude to a brand new person coming along. She didn't come here saying, "This is my work go check it out." She came here asking a legitimate question, and people are assuming that she's making a fake post in order to spread around a link. That's insulting in its own right, guys. Hell, it's insulting and hostile and unfair.

I looked at that article, and wondered how the hell a person can sell what is essentially fanfic without being caught for it, or make movies with the intention of selling it (no matter how small the scale). Why can't we have a conversation about that without making insulting comments to a poster who we should be welcoming instead.

I'm going to second everything Katie just said. All we've got is a slight suspicion that twimom is lady sybilla not a new AW'er to welcome into our AW family, and we've already got the torches lit and the pitchforks sharpened.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
To be fair, I always have my pitchfork sharpened. I wait for the rest of you to light the torches.

We can only hope the movie is just going on in her "head movies"

and I didn't click any links.

Welcome to AW.

**sharpens pitchfork**

Twimom

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly . . .

At least I know not everyone here is all paranoid and extremely hostile towards newcomers. And also I never meant to offend housewives. I consider myself intelligent enough to enjoy debates, especially when they're related to Twilight.

And, yes, of course I know how to use Google! I have a computer at home, hello! All I was trying to explain was that I don't know how press releases work in relation to Google News. I was under the impression that Google News might have some kind of filter, otherwise any spammer would be able to put out press releases on Google News left and right. That's all I was trying to explain.

But okay, I'll leave this thread and go discuss the issue somewhere else. Jeez, it's not like this is the only forum on the web where people can ask questions. The only reason I came here was because of all the links I found on Google related to an issue that I happened to be interested in, so I thought you guys might know something about it.

Thanks to those of you who were nice to me and even went through the trouble of checking my IP address to verify my identity. It was never my intention to offend anyone or much less to defend Lady Sybilla's actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.