PDA

View Full Version : Can't Believe it!

Jacintha19
04-02-2010, 02:26 AM
Okay,

So I recently posted a thread on here looking for someone to finish the rest of my screenplay. I offered to send the outline & what I've written AND I even offered to negotiate a deal with the person who accepted. Afterall, nothing is for free in this world. The next thing you know someone closed my thread because they thought it was a scam!!!!!!

First of all, thanks for asking me about it buddy. Secondly, there are such thing as contracts these days you know. So, scam or not I'd be tied to whatever I signed. If someone thought it was THAT big of a scam, then I'd obviously sign one. I'd be an idiot not to with the way the world is today.

As you can tell, I'm pretty irritated over this. Mainly because the person who shut it down never even asked me anything about it, he just did it.

I'm not a scam artist and what I said is true. I've simply got too much on my plate right now to finish the screenplay, but I don't want to just throw it in the drawyer.

Come on people, get real. Jsut because something seems too good to be true by your standards, doesn't mean that it always is.

Perks
04-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Jsut because something seems too good to be true by your standards, doesn't mean that it always is.I'm not sure that was the problem.

Collaborations don't generally come at the end of a project, so that may have been one of the issues.

scarletpeaches
04-02-2010, 02:37 AM
Plus, check the date.

Angie
04-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Why, what's the date?

Perks
04-02-2010, 02:45 AM
But I'm not defending him. That clockwork, he's never helped nobody.

(Yes, do check the date, cw.)

aadams73
04-02-2010, 02:46 AM
The date is that thing that tells you what day it is.

stormie
04-02-2010, 02:47 AM
The original post about that seems to have been posted before April 1st. Not an April's Fools joke. Or maybe it is...?

As for the forum title--that's another matter. :ROFL:

Jacintha19
04-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Ohhh yeah, it was right before April Fools. Damn.

Perks, you're right. Collaborations don't usually happen at the end of the work...but life does lol. I get what you're saying, I'd be a little aprehensive too, but it just would have been nice for someone to ask me something before shutting it all down. I never even had the chance to respond. When I went back, it was closed.

Kaiser-Kun
04-02-2010, 03:23 AM
The date is that thing that tells you what day it is.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qvJeATp31dw&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qvJeATp31dw&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ol' Fashioned Girl
04-02-2010, 03:29 AM
Is this a complaint? 'Cause if it is, I need to move it to 'Complaints and Hamstericiousness' (or whatever).

If I can find it.

Jacintha19
04-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Well, I suppose it is one, but I was more trying to get the fact out that it's not a scam.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
04-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Well, if it's not an April Fool's prank, you chose an unfortunate time to announce your offer. I doubt folks will take it seriously until tomorrow, if at all.

Perhaps if you hang around and participate a bit more, so people can get to know you, you'll have better luck down the line.

Now, I'm going to close this one, too, and give you the benefit of the doubt. Once a mod closes a thread, it's SOP to discuss it in private via PMs if you have a problem. And if the problem continues, you can take it up with MacAllister, the owner of the site.