Thank you, Mods.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously. I'm having problems at work that caused me a sleepless night. I just wrote a heartfelt email to my boss, and am almost in tears.

So I came here, checked my rep points (as usual) and followed one of them back to the original post. When I saw that my avatar was normal, I was going to post a scathing thread about how not-on-the-ball you guys were...

Then I saw the new forum titles, and had my first real laugh of the day.

Thanks. The new forum looks great. Can't find anything, but it looks good anyhow...

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My first April first here, I was fairly new, and the humor was more subtle, as I recall it anyway. I wasn't able to tell for sure what was someone being a major butt-head and what was all in good fun. But this year's board titles are fabulous!

Maryn, hats off to the mods (of course she's wearing a hat--and pearls, gloves, and a fox stole)

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
It seems that it's such a habit here at AW that it doesn't matter what the name of the section of the forum is, I know how far I need to scroll to get there. So long as they don't switch up the locations, I'm golden. :D

The names are priceless, though.

Balls O Fire

SMOOOOOOOKIN'!
Registered
Reaction score
A man's only as old as the woman he feels
Prclss. Ys. Sr. Frakly, I thnk ths s pthic wst f smn's tm. Hw s nyne sppsd t gt ny cnstrctv s f ths st tdy? S, t's prl 1st nd ll wrtng ndvrs cm t hlt fr ths crp.

Last edited by a moderator:

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Yeshanu on this. Great job on the forum names. For a change, the mods didn't catch me unawares, but did give me a good laugh. Kudos.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Balls, are you this much fun when people are telling jokes when they could be having serious discussions?

The content remains the same, only titles changed. Find your own posts, or those of someone you admire, and use the boards the same as any other day.

Or don't. You could lighten up and enjoy a bit of merriment, or choose to be dour.

Maryn, who knows what she'd choose

Deleted member 42

Priceless. Yes. Sure. Frankly, I think this is a pathetic waste of someone's time. How is anyone supposed to get any constructive use of this site today? So, it's April 1st and all writing endeavors come to a halt for this crap.

þise forume ys undere newe managemente. Alle þe olde hampsters haf beene retired.

þu nedeþ yette more beere for þine break-fast, gode sire Ball of Firen. Also, Y suggeste tincture of mercurye for þe ailmente of þine balles. þis Frenche Pox yt is most slovenly.

Deleted member 42

Alas, another AW Mod sporting class while claiming to be old fashined, no less. Great contribution to a 'writing board'.

þe word "sportinge," yt does not mean wat þe þinkeþ yt meaneþ, verily.

Sportinge, or pleye, yt meaneth þe olde kinde of fornicacioun. What þise yonge folke yn þer childreinge calleþ þe F-worde.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, and I see someone continues to have fun with changing my picture. That one is truly offensive, and if I've offended anyone for saying so, they obviously deserve it.

So, you're snubbing offers of snacks, medical advice, and your fancy new avatar? Oh, dear. You poor, wounded little puppy.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Balls, we get it that you're not amused because the site is not what it usually is. But listen up, straight warning: Your ill humor is treading on toes, not only of those who reply and attempt to jolly you out of it, but of those whose help you may one day seek.

I would imagine your attitude has already decided in advance the response for many who will see your questions about agents or publishers, your work posted for critique, your query letter that isn't working. Those people will see your user name and think, Why would I want to help him? And you know what? They'll be right.

Maryn, urging immediate stick removal

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember one year the mods made new users with names similar to regulars and then say something totally off the wall and you would do a double take. It was really fun to post in the same thread as my doppleganger! :):):) If I recall there were several for Rob of the many vowels.

Balls O Fire

SMOOOOOOOKIN'!
Registered
Reaction score
My dear Maryn, I would not accept your help if my life depended on it. Why? Because you, like so many around here, have this misconception that you are the bees knees. You presume that I would need your help, a presumption unfounded. I have already accomplished more than most, my intent here was to help others. But I refuse to he helpful for those who don't seem to want to help themselves. And that includes removing said stick from your backside.

Balls O Fire

SMOOOOOOOKIN'!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yes. Let's not leave out the profanity, shall we? Because the professionalism of this forum's moderators would not be complete without it. And I've no doubt you could even be more creative with those four letter words. I'm quite sure it comes natural for you, perhaps even while you sleep.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
What I say in my sleep depends on who I dream about. :e2brows

Considering that, so far, everything here has offended your delicated fucking flower sensibilities and you have inclination to just LEAVE.

I'll help you out.