PDA

View Full Version : All Ye With Little Wit Abandon Ship - The End is Nigh

KTC
03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
I will be jumping into the sea and taking my leave of the Absolute Write ship as of midnight tonight. Alas, the time has come once again for the lunatics to shake the asylum doors and rattle your addled brains.

The end is nigh.
The end is nigh!

APRIL 1 BE NOT THE DAY TO VISIT THESE HALLOWED HALLS, MY GOOD PEOPLE! Abandon ship or abandon all hope!

Sophia
03-31-2010, 06:19 PM
I hope all this isn't giving the Mods performance anxiety.

Stew21
03-31-2010, 06:19 PM
What? I love April 1.

:)

What?

:D

KTC
03-31-2010, 06:20 PM
I hope all this isn't giving the Mods performance anxiety.

oh...they be up to the task, matey. don't fool thyself! crazy buzzards will take 'old of their very beings.

KTC
03-31-2010, 06:20 PM
What? I love April 1.

What?

aye. i can read between the lines, m'lady.

milly
03-31-2010, 06:21 PM
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Stew21
I know you can. I left extra big spaces between them, just for you.

KTC
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

i believe the preferred nomenclature is, "BRING IT!!!!"

BenPanced
03-31-2010, 06:27 PM
yore a looser

KTC
03-31-2010, 06:29 PM
yore a looser

you know what they say...better a looser than the town bike.

milly
03-31-2010, 06:35 PM
i believe the preferred nomenclature is, "BRING IT!!!!"

you don't understand...here in the panhandle of Florida, we have to end our inciteful taunts or teasing with prepositions for emphasis...we hold on to the last word with a good girl's southern drawl so you can't mistake the adamance with which we've slighted you or spit in your face

Things like...

whatcha looking AT?

let's get it ON!

whatd'ja do that FOR?

want TO?

step ASIDE!

back OFF!

It's ON!

bring it ON!

see...hehe :)

Wicked
03-31-2010, 06:36 PM
So there'll be, like, debauchery and mayhem?

Sweet. I'll have to make a point to be here. :D

NeuroFizz
03-31-2010, 06:37 PM
The expected-unexpected happens to the expected few. If they are of real snuff, they should do something that hits the masses who fly under their radar. It's easy to be clever within in a limited scope. The challenge is to extend that cleverness outside of the normal streambeds. How can y'all rise?

milly
03-31-2010, 06:39 PM
ooohh...the gauntlet has been thrown...take that...yeah...how CAN ya'll rise???

KTC
03-31-2010, 06:41 PM
you don't understand...here in the panhandle of Florida, we have to end our inciteful taunts or teasing with prepositions for emphasis...we hold on to the last word with a good girl's southern drawl so you can't mistake the adamance with which we've slighted you or spit in your face

Things like...

whatcha looking AT?

let's get it ON!

whatd'ja do that FOR?

want TO?

step ASIDE!

back OFF!

It's ON!

bring it ON!

see...hehe :)

you have sufficiently convinced this doubting thomas. carry on bringing it ON.

DeleyanLee
03-31-2010, 06:42 PM
And here I've been looking forward to seeing whatever lunacy takes their fancy this year. 'Tis a true test of creativity, and the great lengths they go to.

We'll have fun without you, Kevin.

Silent Rob
03-31-2010, 06:45 PM
If my avi doesn't get hijacked or something, should I take that as confirmation that nobody likes me?

KTC
03-31-2010, 06:45 PM
And here I've been looking forward to seeing whatever lunacy takes their fancy this year. 'Tis a true test of creativity, and the great lengths they go to.

We'll have fun without you, Kevin.

aye...but i'll have me sanity come April 2.

KTC
03-31-2010, 06:46 PM
If my avi doesn't get hijacked or something, should I take that as confirmation that nobody likes me?

that's a strong way to look at it. don't go that far. just take it as a sign that nobody cares.

kayleamay
03-31-2010, 06:49 PM
I AIN'T 'FRAID UF NOTHIN'! *shakes fist at KTC* GET OFF MY PORCH!

Stew21
03-31-2010, 06:50 PM

we don't hijack avatars every April 1st. so don't take it personally, k?

KTC
03-31-2010, 06:52 PM
I AIN'T 'FRAID UF NOTHIN'! *shakes fist at KTC* GET OFF MY PORCH!

my, what lovely azaleas you have, ms. pinchface. best in the county, i 'spose. you should be pleased as punch over them. prized azaleas, if ever i saw one.

Wicked
03-31-2010, 06:53 PM

I just tell myself they're afraid of my spiders.
Want me to make you a creepy-crawly avatar, so you can share my place in denial? :roll:

DeleyanLee
aye...but i'll have me sanity come April 2.

Sanity is overrated. ;)

Silent Rob
that's a strong way to look at it. don't go that far. just take it as a sign that nobody cares.

This is just like what used to happen when they were picking the sports teams at school.

*waves goodbye to self-confidence, self-respect and...nah, keeps self-loving*

Silent Rob
03-31-2010, 06:55 PM
I just tell myself they're afraid of my spiders.
Want me to make you a creepy-crawly avatar, so you can share my place in denial? :roll:

Shriek! No.

Go team!

kayleamay
03-31-2010, 06:59 PM
*snags rolled up knee-hi on azaleas while chasing KTC off property with a baseball bat* I OUTTA SUE YOU FOR THAT, YOU DAMN HIPPY!

thehairymob
03-31-2010, 07:00 PM
I thought this was the place for the metally needy, like me? :Shrug:

kayleamay
03-31-2010, 07:01 PM
*waves goodbye to self-confidence, self-respect and*

You say that like they are concepts you are familiar with. Ironic.

rhymegirl
03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
I bet that's not even the real Kevin.

KTC
03-31-2010, 07:57 PM
I bet that's not even the real Kevin.

it ain't the plastic one.

regdog
03-31-2010, 09:36 PM

Wait. You think we like you now?!?!?!?!:roll: You're such a funny Muppet!!!!

Kevin, are you really going to wuss out on tomorrow?

jennontheisland
03-31-2010, 09:39 PM
damn, I was hoping for another thread on how humans are going to make the world blow up.

sadron
03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
But what if I want to go down asylum? :D They seems to be rather interesting.

I'm throwing my luck away...

Angie
03-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Kevin, you pansy.

Angie
03-31-2010, 10:08 PM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/mymotherwasahamster/pansy.jpg

KTC
03-31-2010, 10:57 PM
i'm clearly a wallflower...and i am not amused at being called a pansy. that's a flower of a different colour.

rhymegirl
03-31-2010, 11:02 PM
it ain't the plastic one.

That's what we need. A Kevin doll. He comes with poetry notebooks. Pull his string and he recites poetry and amusing little quips.

Now what sort of outfit would he wear?

Angie
03-31-2010, 11:06 PM
i'm clearly a wallflower...

You are? Which one?

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/mymotherwasahamster/5506_the_wallflowers.jpg

Angie
03-31-2010, 11:07 PM
That's what we need. A Kevin doll. He comes with poetry notebooks. Pull his string and he recites poetry and amusing little quips.

Now what sort of outfit would he wear?

Something pansy-colored.

Yeshanu
03-31-2010, 11:44 PM
So there'll be, like, debauchery and mayhem?

Sweet. I'll have to make a point to be here. :D

Ooooh! Wicked's join date was June of last year. The first first of April is always the very best...

milly
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
you have sufficiently convinced this doubting thomas. carry on bringing it ON.

Thank goodness...was trying to think of a way to show you the scars in my palms...wait, I'm a writer...I guess I could have described them! :)

DeleyanLee
04-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Ooooh! Wicked's join date was June of last year. The first first of April is always the very best...

I remember mine. I came in to check the boards, no suspecting anything weird, and spent many hours trying to figure out what gremlins had overrun AW. Unfortunately, I'm very literal, so I was taken in many, many times. I was so upset from some of the threads/posts that it was several days before I checked back in and realized that it was a big prank.

I'm always an April's Fool--but now I'm enjoying it since I'm in on the joke. :D

thehairymob
04-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Onl;y an April one, hehehe.:evil

KTC
04-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Something pansy-colored.

i have your name and number.

well...i have your name and the number of stripes on your ass.

okay, okay...i have the number of stripes on your ass.

so, like, watch it, missy.

DeleyanLee
04-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Onl;y an April one, hehehe.:evil

Well, it has to be pretty special if I'm going to be its fool, after all. :D

BardSkye
04-01-2010, 12:32 AM

:e2cry: But... but... it's the first Fool's day I'll actually be able to be on here while it's still Fool's day...

Okay. I'll live with it. Do your worst. :e2moon:

Angie
04-01-2010, 12:44 AM
i have your name and number.

well...i have your name and the number of stripes on your ass.

okay, okay...i have the number of stripes on your ass.

so, like, watch it, missy.

I'm terrified.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/mymotherwasahamster/PansiesCard.jpg

Chasing the Horizon
04-01-2010, 12:48 AM
*looks up from sabotaging microwave, vacuum cleaner, and computer* Is it that time of year already?

semilargeintestine
04-01-2010, 12:49 AM
This is just like what used to happen when they were picking the sports teams at school.

*waves goodbye to self-confidence, self-respect and...nah, keeps self-loving*

Nobody ever jacks my avatar either, and everyone loves me.

Chasing the Horizon
04-01-2010, 12:50 AM
If anyone changes my Twilight Zone avatar, there will be consequences. But I'm sure no-one likes me that much.

mscelina
04-01-2010, 12:52 AM
I still say that the mods' April Fools joke this year is going to be not to pull an April Fools joke this year.

*shrug*

I don't think they're capable of it.

mscelina
04-01-2010, 12:52 AM

Xelebes
04-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Ah, April Fools jokes.

I remember when I was a moderator at OC Remix, we managed to get people to believe that the site had been bought out by EA Games. That was fun. They still haven't done the whole "go minimalist" gag yet.

Silver King
04-01-2010, 04:23 AM
I remember mine. I came in to check the boards, not suspecting anything weird, and spent many hours trying to figure out what gremlins had overrun AW. Unfortunately, I'm very literal, so I was taken in many, many times. I was so upset from some of the threads/posts that it was several days before I checked back in and realized that it was a big prank.
That is exactly what happened to me and why I don't play along. It was awful at the time, and still is when I think about it.

But others enjoy the mayhem and have a great time.

I'm just glad it lasts only one day. :)

rhymegirl
04-01-2010, 04:45 AM
But others enjoy the mayhem and have a great time.

I'm just glad it lasts only one day. :)

Last year it was Absolute Bite, a spoof of Twilight.

Maybe this year it will be Avatar? Everybody will log in and find they have a blue avatar???

writerterri
04-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Can I have a loan before you go? :D

Silver King
04-01-2010, 05:01 AM
I don't know what's going to happen. I've kept my eyes and ears closed whenever the subject has come up.

What really freaked me out the first time, and this was several years ago, was how the mods got into a big fight. It was very realistic, and I had no idea it was joke. The arguments escalated until several mods were banned. It sounds crazy now, yet it was believable at the time.

To this day, I still haven't gotten over the shock and dismay I felt, and probably never will.

milly
04-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if we tried to log in tomorrow and couldn't...all passwords changed for a day...wouldn't that just kills us all?

What would we DO??? (not funny actually) :)

Birol
04-01-2010, 05:16 AM
This year, April 1st might bring more changes to AW than the normal fun and games.

milly
04-01-2010, 05:17 AM
oh no...will those be arbitrary changes oh arbitrary one?? Now, I'm scared...wasn't before, but now...eek

Alan Yee
04-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Ooh. I need to pick out a new avatar for tomorrow. Whatever shall I choose?

Silver King
04-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if we tried to log in tomorrow and couldn't...all passwords changed for a day...wouldn't that just kills us all?

*Passes along Milly's most excellent suggestion to those in charge of creating havoc.*

KTC
04-01-2010, 05:58 AM
ad hoc, what?

KTC
04-01-2010, 05:59 AM
oh. havoc.

indeed, sir. indeed.

backslashbaby
04-01-2010, 06:09 AM
I love the newbies who join around April 1. They are either so confused or so fake, and it's impossible to tell the difference :D :D

PoppysInARow
04-01-2010, 06:12 AM
This year, April 1st might bring more changes to AW than the normal fun and games.

I'm sort of afraid. :flag:

PoppysInARow
04-01-2010, 06:13 AM

Maybe some of us would actually be able to get off our lazy butts and actually write?

Nah... I'd just mess around on some other site all day.

KTC
04-01-2010, 06:13 AM

i don't want to hear any blasphemous rumours. hold you whist!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
04-01-2010, 06:20 AM
:roll:

Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here.

aadams73
04-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Tomorrow I shall wash my hair, floss the cat, wax the dog, and avoid the internet.

Wicked
04-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Tomorrow I shall wash my hair, floss the cat, wax the dog, and avoid the internet.

Chicken. :tongue

aadams73
04-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Chicken. :tongue

Not at all. I'm just much too mature to partake of such frivolities as April Fool's Day.

brokenfingers
04-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Tomorrow I'm gonna do what I do every year on April Fool's and wear my Jester outfit when I log on to Aw. Every other day of the year I wear my Joker outfit.

kayleamay
04-01-2010, 06:48 AM
So, has there ever been a counter attack against these AFD happy mods? I'm just curious, of course.

Wicked
04-01-2010, 06:57 AM
So, has there ever been a counter attack against these AFD happy mods? I'm just curious, of course.

They should give us the shmoo powers, and lock the mods out of their avi's. Now that would be fun! :D

Chasing the Horizon
04-01-2010, 07:01 AM
*looks up from editing giant spider pictures for new signature* What? I'm not doin' nothin'.

milly
04-01-2010, 07:25 AM
*Passes along Milly's most excellent suggestion to those in charge of creating havoc.*

noooooooo!!!

*wondering if I should stay awake another 90 minutes to see if I vanish into thin air or whether I should have another Hurricane so that it won't matter to me if I do...hmmm"

Chasing the Horizon
04-01-2010, 07:28 AM
What time zone is AW in? Midnight's in 30 minutes here.

I want a hurricane too . . .

milly
04-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Maybe some of us would actually be able to get off our lazy butts and actually write?

Nah... I'd just mess around on some other site all day.

write??? what is that?

I have written less in the last three weeks since joining than I have EVER...it might be just what the doctor ordered

roonil_wazlib
04-01-2010, 07:31 AM

:scared:

I did enjoy April 1 last year. Then again, I always love April 1st, as long as I'm not being pranked in real life. Ha.

milly
04-01-2010, 07:33 AM
What time zone is AW in? Midnight's in 30 minutes here.

I want a hurricane too . . .

good question...I don't have a clue about AW's time zone...for me it's good ole central standard time...I lived in your time zone (EST) for three years during grad school...I never really got used to it.

*sipping my fourth hurricane wishing that I had watched my recorded television shows before plopping myself into bed with my laptop to spend another night rambling away to people who really don't care*

*getting down a trusty solo cup, filling it with ice and pouring in two shots of Meyers Dark Rum, 2/3 of the solo cup full of passion fruit juice, 1/3 orange juice, and two quick pours of grenadine...stirring and sampling...yes...perfect...handing to Chasing the Horizon*

Bottoms Up my Friend!! :)

Birol
04-01-2010, 07:34 AM

Yes. Participants were subsequently modded.

Chasing the Horizon
04-01-2010, 07:46 AM
good question...I don't have a clue about AW's time zone...for me it's good ole central standard time...I lived in your time zone (EST) for three years during grad school...I never really got used to it.

*sipping my fourth hurricane wishing that I had watched my recorded television shows before plopping myself into bed with my laptop to spend another night rambling away to people who really don't care*

*getting down a trusty solo cup, filling it with ice and pouring in two shots of Meyers Dark Rum, 2/3 of the solo cup full of passion fruit juice, 1/3 orange juice, and two quick pours of grenadine...stirring and sampling...yes...perfect...handing to Chasing the Horizon*

Bottoms Up my Friend!! :)
Thanks! *greedily drinks entire hurricane and wonders why the computer screen's all fuzzy*

& thanks for the recipe. No-one around here knows how to make hurricanes. I drank them all day & night when I was in New Orleans. At least, I think I drank them all day and night. I don't really remember . . .

milly
04-01-2010, 07:49 AM
yep...super easy recipe without buying a mix...I'm all about the Hurricanes until mid-May when me and my friends hit margarita season...then, put away the rum and bring on the tequila :)

BTW-isn't New Orleans one of the absolute best places in the world? What a slice of life!!

OOOHHH...I know, for tomorrow and whatever the mods have planned, wouldn't it be cool if they could teleport us all to Bourbon Street for the night?? Can we ask for that? PLEASE!!!! ;)

Chasing the Horizon
04-01-2010, 08:03 AM
yep...super easy recipe without buying a mix...I'm all about the Hurricanes until mid-May when me and my friends hit margarita season...then, put away the rum and bring on the tequila :)

BTW-isn't New Orleans one of the absolute best places in the world? What a slice of life!!

OOOHHH...I know, for tomorrow and whatever the mods have planned, wouldn't it be cool if they could teleport us all to Bourbon Street for the night?? Can we ask for that? PLEASE!!!! ;)
New Orleans is the best! I never wanted to leave. I remember everyone kept asking me for directions, because I look so weird they figured I was a local, lol. Yes, the mods should teleport us there for the night! That would be a great AFD trick.

mscelina
04-01-2010, 08:25 AM
See? Told you they weren't going to do anything! Here it is...twenty five minutes into April 1st and nary a single prank to be found.

You guys are all just paranoid.

Chasing the Horizon
04-01-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm still keeping all my eyes open

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/cansaspillar/spider.jpg

Regan Leigh
04-01-2010, 08:38 AM
I just gagged a little at that previous pic... ;)

So, wait. Is it always "bad"? Or can we put in requests for good things? Like bigger inbox limits? :D

Alan Yee
04-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Well... since Mac is on the West Coast, the April Fools Day decorations probably won't show up until it's midnight in her/my time zone. So it's two hours and twenty-two minutes until all hell breaks loose.

mscelina
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Either that or Mac's asleep or out drinking like a normal person. Either way...zippo nada nothing.

Alan Yee
04-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Gah! I keep trying to change my avatar to my AFD avatar, but it won't accept any of the pictures I want to use, even when they're within the size limit. Vbulletin, you're ruining my fun.

Alan Yee
04-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Finally!

*sigh* Now I can go read in peace and then go to sleep soundly.

mscelina
04-01-2010, 09:28 AM
:ROFL:

Cute.

BardSkye
04-01-2010, 11:03 AM
I guess KTC jumped ship for nothing.

Rats. I was quite looking forward to a strange, sparkly avatar.

Chasing the Horizon
04-01-2010, 11:30 AM
So . . . should I post more spider pics or what?

regdog
04-01-2010, 02:25 PM

:roll:

Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here.

Suggested by Birol confirmed by OFG http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/help-0001.gif

kayleamay
04-01-2010, 04:04 PM
I think someone has hijacked NueroFizz's account. He's spreading happy everywhere.

Angie
04-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Scary, isn't it? :eek: