Signs of Attraction

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
<dl><dd>[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Writers, if there's one thing we're good at it's people-watching. We drink in the details others miss then use them to weave a fascinating tale and breathe life into our characters. [/FONT] </dd><dd>
</dd><dd> [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]While we may not all write romance or love stories, at some point our characters face that life-altering moment where they meet someone to whom the attraction is so great their mouths go dry, their pulses race, and they either get to work running away from the object of their desire or manufacture an excuse to move closer. [/FONT] </dd><dd>
</dd><dd> [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]There's an interesting thread over in Romance/Women's Fiction addressing this subject and I think we'd be a huge help to Rose English if we throw out some of our own observations and experiences. [/FONT] </dd><dd>
</dd><dd> [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]So, as a people-watcher, what do you notice as signs of attraction in others? How do you know when two people are irresistibly drawn toward each other? What gives the game away? [/FONT] </dd><dd>
</dd><dd> [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]And what signs do you display when you're attracted? We've all got little tells that others will notice if they're canny, no matter how hard we try to conceal them. Are you a hair flicker or a lip licker? [/FONT] </dd><dd>
</dd><dd> [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]'Fess up, people. :D[/FONT]</dd></dl>

Reaction score
I get a blotchy red cleavage and neck.

And I touch my hair. The hair on my head!

I know I'm doing it. I don't want to do it. But it's bloody uncontrollable.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I have no way of knowing whether or not someone is attracted to me. I am just beginning to learn this skill with the help of my female friends. A while ago, I just stopped wondering and started asking. The couple of girls I asked thought it was cute, and they were all interested, so I guess I'm not too bad at guessing.

As far as myself, I prefer to leave 5 or 6 voice mail messages in a row, each correcting some small, insignificant detail in the one before it.

Seriously though, I end up talking a lot. When I met my ex, I think I talked about the same subject for 4 hours so she wouldn't leave. It helped that she was obviously interested, which is probably why it was so easy for me to ask her out. If you mean just rote physical attraction, I actually don't do anything. I look, and if I find a girl attractive, I think it to myself and move on.

Reaction score
The voicemail thing in anyone else would scream STALKER!!! but in you? Well. Aussie = WIN.

(What? I hear the accent and I'm undone).

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I sport a massive erection and i throw my shoulders back and walk around at 2x speed hollering "Prepare for ramming speed!"

It doesn't always work, but by god, the one time it does...

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Last night, all I apparently had to do was lean over the girl to let the blinds down. After they were down, she just said, "Now take off my underwear."

Right-o. :D

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I walked right into that one. :ROFL:

On a serious note, it's comfortable. Silk is nice on my budgies.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
And I touch my hair. The hair on my head!

I do this, too, but I play with my hair anyway, so...

I have no way of knowing whether or not someone is attracted to me. I am just beginning to learn this skill with the help of my female friends.

I think a lot of young people are in that same position and can't read the signs as well as they can with a few years behind them.

I post in their insipid threads about attraction, and stuff.

Bunny, I figured you for a pigtail puller or an inkwell dipper!

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was just laughing about this the other day. For me it's the gaga eyes, and when I was a teenager I thought I was so good at hiding it. NOT!

But I think it depends on the type of attraction.

(I'm thinking in terms of where I work in retail)
There's guys I think are hot but they don't really make me nervous.

Then there's a quality some guys have -- which I can't quite pin-point -- that still makes it impossible to wipe that stupid look off my face. Evidently I'm still not very good at disguising it.

Reaction score
I think a lot of young people are in that same position and can't read the signs as well as they can with a few years behind them.
I'm 34 in a few weeks and I'm still hopeless at reading the signs.

Then again I may have years of experience of being alive...but I don't have much experience of being fancied...

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I can't just talk to him as friends. I get really nervous around him and worry so much I'm going to say the wrong thing I either don't say anything at all, or I gabble and talk rubbish at high speed. Also I have a tremor disorder and one of the triggers is my temperature going up, and if I'm with a man I like I get so nervous and fidgety my temperature goes up and I start shaking. *sigh* It's why the internet is so much easier for me. :D

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
SP said:
I'm 34 in a few weeks and I'm still hopeless at reading the signs.

Then again I may have years of experience of being alive...but I don't have much experience of being fancied...

I'll fancy ya, my dear. :D

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Your wife's a 'lucky' woman.

She gets to stay home, and not work, and play with a puppy all day. I'd say she's lucky!

I was joking about the massive erection.

Point 1: I have tinypenissyndrome
Point 2: I suffer from crotch crippling erectile dysfunction.

So yeah, she's lucky!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, as a people-watcher, what do you notice as signs of attraction in others? How do you know when two people are irresistibly drawn toward each other? What gives the game away?

A big smile.

A man will look right into your eyes and hold your gaze.

When seated across from each other at a restaurant, both will lean forward as they're talking if they are both attracted.

Supposedly, if someone is attracted to you, his or her pupils will be dilated.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I can notice when it's other people. The eyes, the body language.

When it's me...I just think they're being friendly, right up until they snog me ( or I say dude, I fancy the pants off of you, what you going to do about it? Works quite often, that one). I've been part way through a date before I realised it was a date...

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Same here Idiots. I'm pretty much oblivious until they tell me or just plant one on me.

Reaction score
A guy asked for my number recently and I had to email aadams73 to ask if she thought he was hitting on me.

That's how clueless I am.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
A guy asked for my number recently and I had to email aadams73 to ask if she thought he was hitting on me.

That's how clueless I am.

And yet you write erotica!

How does that work!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Then there's a quality some guys have -- which I can't quite pin-point -- that still makes it impossible to wipe that stupid look off my face. Evidently I'm still not very good at disguising it.

Heh, that's cute. :D

I can't just talk to him as friends. I get really nervous around him and worry so much I'm going to say the wrong thing I either don't say anything at all, or I gabble and talk rubbish at high speed. Also I have a tremor disorder and one of the triggers is my temperature going up, and if I'm with a man I like I get so nervous and fidgety my temperature goes up and I start shaking. *sigh* It's why the internet is so much easier for me. :D

That's exactly what my sister does. Although, I have to admit, if I'm nervous I can sometimes shoot off at the mouth like that, too.

For the record, he was.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Um, my ex told me she wanted me to kiss her, and I still wasn't sure if she wanted me to. ftw.