PDA

View Full Version : Signs of Attraction

aadams73
03-31-2010, 01:53 AM
<dl><dd>Writers, if there's one thing we're good at it's people-watching. We drink in the details others miss then use them to weave a fascinating tale and breathe life into our characters. </dd><dd>
</dd><dd> While we may not all write romance or love stories, at some point our characters face that life-altering moment where they meet someone to whom the attraction is so great their mouths go dry, their pulses race, and they either get to work running away from the object of their desire or manufacture an excuse to move closer. </dd><dd>
</dd><dd> There's an interesting thread (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175472) over in Romance/Women's Fiction addressing this subject and I think we'd be a huge help to Rose English if we throw out some of our own observations and experiences. </dd><dd>
</dd><dd> So, as a people-watcher, what do you notice as signs of attraction in others? How do you know when two people are irresistibly drawn toward each other? What gives the game away? </dd><dd>
</dd><dd> And what signs do you display when you're attracted? We've all got little tells that others will notice if they're canny, no matter how hard we try to conceal them. Are you a hair flicker or a lip licker? </dd><dd>
</dd><dd> 'Fess up, people. :D</dd></dl>

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 01:55 AM
I get a blotchy red cleavage and neck.

And I touch my hair. The hair on my head!

I know I'm doing it. I don't want to do it. But it's bloody uncontrollable.

semilargeintestine
03-31-2010, 01:57 AM
I have no way of knowing whether or not someone is attracted to me. I am just beginning to learn this skill with the help of my female friends. A while ago, I just stopped wondering and started asking. The couple of girls I asked thought it was cute, and they were all interested, so I guess I'm not too bad at guessing.

As far as myself, I prefer to leave 5 or 6 voice mail messages in a row, each correcting some small, insignificant detail in the one before it.

Seriously though, I end up talking a lot. When I met my ex, I think I talked about the same subject for 4 hours so she wouldn't leave. It helped that she was obviously interested, which is probably why it was so easy for me to ask her out. If you mean just rote physical attraction, I actually don't do anything. I look, and if I find a girl attractive, I think it to myself and move on.

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 01:58 AM
The voicemail thing in anyone else would scream STALKER!!! but in you? Well. Aussie = WIN.

(What? I hear the accent and I'm undone).

semilargeintestine
03-31-2010, 01:59 AM
;)

lucidzfl
03-31-2010, 02:00 AM
I sport a massive erection and i throw my shoulders back and walk around at 2x speed hollering "Prepare for ramming speed!"

It doesn't always work, but by god, the one time it does...

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 02:03 AM
Wow. Your wife's a 'lucky' woman.

quickWit
03-31-2010, 02:04 AM
I post in their insipid threads about attraction, and stuff.

semilargeintestine
03-31-2010, 02:05 AM
Last night, all I apparently had to do was lean over the girl to let the blinds down. After they were down, she just said, "Now take off my underwear."

Right-o. :D

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 02:05 AM
Why were you wearing it in the first place?

semilargeintestine
03-31-2010, 02:06 AM
I walked right into that one. :ROFL:

On a serious note, it's comfortable. Silk is nice on my budgies.

aadams73
03-31-2010, 02:14 AM
And I touch my hair. The hair on my head!

I do this, too, but I play with my hair anyway, so...

I have no way of knowing whether or not someone is attracted to me. I am just beginning to learn this skill with the help of my female friends.

I think a lot of young people are in that same position and can't read the signs as well as they can with a few years behind them.

I post in their insipid threads about attraction, and stuff.

Bunny, I figured you for a pigtail puller or an inkwell dipper!

Cella
03-31-2010, 02:15 AM
I was just laughing about this the other day. For me it's the gaga eyes, and when I was a teenager I thought I was so good at hiding it. NOT!

But I think it depends on the type of attraction.

(I'm thinking in terms of where I work in retail)
There's guys I think are hot but they don't really make me nervous.

Then there's a quality some guys have -- which I can't quite pin-point -- that still makes it impossible to wipe that stupid look off my face. Evidently I'm still not very good at disguising it.

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 02:17 AM
I think a lot of young people are in that same position and can't read the signs as well as they can with a few years behind them.I'm 34 in a few weeks and I'm still hopeless at reading the signs.

Then again I may have years of experience of being alive...but I don't have much experience of being fancied...

Fran
03-31-2010, 02:24 AM
I can't just talk to him as friends. I get really nervous around him and worry so much I'm going to say the wrong thing I either don't say anything at all, or I gabble and talk rubbish at high speed. Also I have a tremor disorder and one of the triggers is my temperature going up, and if I'm with a man I like I get so nervous and fidgety my temperature goes up and I start shaking. *sigh* It's why the internet is so much easier for me. :D

semilargeintestine
03-31-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm 34 in a few weeks and I'm still hopeless at reading the signs.

Then again I may have years of experience of being alive...but I don't have much experience of being fancied...

I'll fancy ya, my dear. :D

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 02:30 AM
*swoon*

lucidzfl
03-31-2010, 02:30 AM
Wow. Your wife's a 'lucky' woman.

She gets to stay home, and not work, and play with a puppy all day. I'd say she's lucky!

I was joking about the massive erection.

Point 1: I have tinypenissyndrome
Point 2: I suffer from crotch crippling erectile dysfunction.

So yeah, she's lucky!

rhymegirl
03-31-2010, 02:46 AM
So, as a people-watcher, what do you notice as signs of attraction in others? How do you know when two people are irresistibly drawn toward each other? What gives the game away?

A big smile.

A man will look right into your eyes and hold your gaze.

When seated across from each other at a restaurant, both will lean forward as they're talking if they are both attracted.

Supposedly, if someone is attracted to you, his or her pupils will be dilated.

Mr Flibble
03-31-2010, 02:57 AM
I can notice when it's other people. The eyes, the body language.

When it's me...I just think they're being friendly, right up until they snog me ( or I say dude, I fancy the pants off of you, what you going to do about it? Works quite often, that one). I've been part way through a date before I realised it was a date...

semilargeintestine
03-31-2010, 02:58 AM
Same here Idiots. I'm pretty much oblivious until they tell me or just plant one on me.

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 03:03 AM
A guy asked for my number recently and I had to email aadams73 to ask if she thought he was hitting on me.

That's how clueless I am.

lucidzfl
03-31-2010, 03:10 AM
A guy asked for my number recently and I had to email aadams73 to ask if she thought he was hitting on me.

That's how clueless I am.

And yet you write erotica!

How does that work!

aadams73
03-31-2010, 03:16 AM
Then there's a quality some guys have -- which I can't quite pin-point -- that still makes it impossible to wipe that stupid look off my face. Evidently I'm still not very good at disguising it.

Heh, that's cute. :D

I can't just talk to him as friends. I get really nervous around him and worry so much I'm going to say the wrong thing I either don't say anything at all, or I gabble and talk rubbish at high speed. Also I have a tremor disorder and one of the triggers is my temperature going up, and if I'm with a man I like I get so nervous and fidgety my temperature goes up and I start shaking. *sigh* It's why the internet is so much easier for me. :D

That's exactly what my sister does. Although, I have to admit, if I'm nervous I can sometimes shoot off at the mouth like that, too.

For the record, he was.

semilargeintestine
03-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Um, my ex told me she wanted me to kiss her, and I still wasn't sure if she wanted me to. ftw.

aadams73
03-31-2010, 03:31 AM
When it's me...I just think they're being friendly, right up until they snog me ( or I say dude, I fancy the pants off of you, what you going to do about it? Works quite often, that one). I've been part way through a date before I realised it was a date...

I'm pretty good at knowing when a guy is attracted to me. I've always been ultra picky, so I learned to get in there fast and make sure they realized it wasn't mutual 99.9% of the time. I don't like to lead anyone on. But, once or twice, I have been fooled and I've later discovered someone who didn't seem interested at all actually was.

Since I read the other thread, I've been trying to think beyond the usual stuff to the little things I do. Rose English is looking for those tiny tells that those who are more reserved might display. One thing I know I do is watch a guy's mouth more, and, much to my dismay, I'll either bite my own lip or lick it. I can be totally aware of this and try to stop it, but eventually my mouth will just go ahead and do it anyway.

We're just animals, really. :D

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 03:33 AM
And yet you write erotica!

How does that work!Oh, I read other people well.

Applying the same rules of engagement to myself? Entirely different story.

It's hard to be objective when I can't believe any decent guy would be attracted to me.

I find it easier to write about people who don't exist because ultimately, I control their lives. My own? Not so easily managed.

That probably makes no sense.

Wicked
03-31-2010, 04:09 AM
I hit myself in the face with a car door.

It wouldn't have been quite as humiliating if I hadn't had to stick around long enough to find my glasses . . . and the lens that was ejected by the impact.

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that crap anymore.

semilargeintestine
03-31-2010, 04:11 AM
Aw, ouch. Haha, that sounds like me before I learned how to be "smooth."

megoblocks
03-31-2010, 04:14 AM
I don't know about other people, but I turn a bright crimson. Usually, its from the scalding bath I take so I can wash away any scent of a previous love. Then, while my flesh is still pure (and peeling), I tattoo their name across a pectoral muscle (or back, if it's an especially long one) all the while rocking and whispering to myself, "This is it. We're finally going to be loved."

EFCollins
03-31-2010, 04:20 AM
I clam up and refuse to talk. I'm super shy around people I don't know well. I turn into some kind of mousy person I don't know. It bugs me, too.

Telling if someone's attracted to me personally? They almost have to go caveman and club me over the head and drag me to their cave. I'm totally clueless.

Cella
03-31-2010, 04:24 AM
I hit myself in the face with a car door.

It wouldn't have been quite as humiliating if I hadn't had to stick around long enough to find my glasses . . . and the lens that was ejected by the impact.

Awwwe! :Hug2:

I don't know about other people, but I turn a bright crimson. Usually, its from the scalding bath I take so I can wash away any scent of a previous love. Then, while my flesh is still pure (and peeling), I tattoo their name across a pectoral muscle (or back, if it's an especially long one) all the while rocking and whispering to myself, "This is it. We're finally going to be loved."

Wow...

Harsh Blushing is more common in males that one might expect...the ears particularly.

"Frisky" women might hop up and perch on the edge of a table or counter top...another Come Get Me signal that is based in impulse and nervousness. So a more animated chick would do this.

A woman sitting on a chair or stool might cross her legs very tightly...the tighter the Top leg pulls toward her belly, the more her [reproductive zone] is exposed to the prospective mate.

Hmmm...so that's what it is.....!

megoblocks
03-31-2010, 04:29 AM
Wow...

You like?

::swoons::

Time to fire up the ole tub!

Silver King
03-31-2010, 04:35 AM
I start drooling. It's embarrassing, and when it gets bad enough to drip off my chin, I'll lean over without realizing it and wipe my face on her naked shoulder.

Women love a slobbering male, as long as he is sincere. :Thumbs:

Cella
03-31-2010, 04:44 AM
You like?

::swoons::

Time to fire up the ole tub!

LoL...um, I don't know if like is the right word....

;)

*All stealthy and quiet like in the forest, whispering*
"There folks: this Snowy Owl is performing the classic Male-Jumping-To-Conclusions mating display..."

:roll:
Funniest thing I've read today :D

I start drooling. It's embarrassing, and when it gets bad enough to drip off my chin, I'll lean over without realizing it and wipe my face on her naked shoulder.

Women love a slobbering male, as long as he is sincere. :Thumbs:

...and in bed;)

megoblocks
03-31-2010, 04:56 AM
LoL...um, I don't know if like is the right word....

;)

I pray thee to toy with my heart no longer!

brokenfingers
03-31-2010, 04:58 AM
My first sign is usually an erection. Followed by a spread of heat throughout my body.

Then I begin grunting, softly at first, but steadily rising in pitch to a high volume. If she hasn’t yet noticed me by this point, I start banging my club on the ground while shouting, “Bam bam! Bam bam!”

If any other guys are nearby, I’ll start beating my chest and waving my arms to let them know she’s mine.

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 04:59 AM
My first sign is usually an erection. Followed by a spread of heat throughout my body.

Then I begin grunting, softly at first, but steadily rising in pitch to a high volume. If she hasn’t yet noticed me by this point, I start banging my club on the ground while shouting, “Bam bam! Bam bam!”

If any other guys are nearby, I’ll start beating my chest and waving my arms to let them know she’s mine.Don't forget to drag her back to your cave by the hair, while grunting "Ug," at passersby.

brokenfingers
03-31-2010, 05:00 AM
Don't forget to drag her back to your cave by the hair, while grunting "Ug," at passersby.That's the first date. This thread is about signs of attraction.

Silly.

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 05:01 AM
Oops. Silly me.

Cella
03-31-2010, 05:02 AM
I pray thee to toy with my heart no longer!
hee hee...."toy"

If any other guys are nearby, I’ll start beating my chest and waving my arms to let them know she’s mine.
Don't forget to share with youtube, facebook and twitter and...(does anyone do myspace anymore?)

Don't forget to drag her back to your cave by the hair, while grunting "Ug," at passersby.

Either I'll laugh at anything tonight or you all are being exceptionally funny :roll:

megoblocks
03-31-2010, 05:02 AM

Star in this one? http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103974

brokenfingers
03-31-2010, 05:08 AM
Don't forget to share with youtube, facebook and twitter and...(does anyone do myspace anymore?)Well, yes, of course. I do consider myself a Renaissance Man, so I usually record and share every important life event with my cyber family - in which I include everyone including strangers.

Stay tuned for my "Conception" video!

Cella
03-31-2010, 05:10 AM
your conception...??

:Wha:

hmmm.....methinks that ship has sailed.... ;)

brokenfingers
03-31-2010, 05:12 AM
your conception...??

:Wha:

hmmm.....methinks that ship has sailed.... ;)No, no, silly.

Don't worry, I'll twitter it with a youtube link.

Susie
03-31-2010, 05:15 AM
When there's no sign that says "Do. Not. Touch!" :D

aadams73
03-31-2010, 05:27 AM

Weren't you in Silence of The Lambs?

megoblocks
03-31-2010, 05:32 AM
Weren't you in Silence of The Lambs?

They said I had to take my candy if I wanted to be in it. But it makes me feel kinda funny. Like when we use to climb the rope in gym class.

jennontheisland
03-31-2010, 05:48 AM
I don't know what I do. And since I live in a city full of fuglies I'm not likely to find out any time soon. Srsly, not a single guy I've seen is worth the effort. Couple girls, maybe, but, that's even harder to approach.

As for others attracted to me... no effin clue. I've had more than a few people point out someone's potential interest to me and responded with a blank stare of disbelief. Totally missed it every time.

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 05:53 AM
I don't know what I do. And since I live in a city full of fuglies I'm not likely to find out any time soon. Srsly, not a single guy I've seen is worth the effort. Couple girls, maybe, but, that's even harder to approach.

As for others attracted to me... no effin clue. I've had more than a few people point out someone's potential interest to me and responded with a blank stare of disbelief. Totally missed it every time.Are you me?

jennontheisland
03-31-2010, 06:00 AM
I dunno. Are you trapped in a shit hole, surrounded by people you don't want to know, miles from everyone you do know, and wondering how much longer you can take it before you go postal?

If so, then maybe.

roonil_wazlib
03-31-2010, 06:02 AM
I giggle. It's revolting, but I just noticed it tonight when I was talking to a student. The other receptionist asked him if he had a photo ID and he said something about all of the useless Army junk he had in his folder and I giggled. I realised right away that what he'd said wasn't even remotely funny, but goodness help me, he could have said anything and I think I would have giggled like a maniac. Ugh.

I also avoid eye contact. I don't know why, but I feel like I'll embarrass myself if I actually make eye contact with the other person. Which would explain why I'm single at the moment :/

In other people, I've noticed some of them stutter and some try to be as suave as they possible can (and it becomes very obvious that it's very, very unnatural for them). Then again, the only ones who have shown interest in me are the ones I'm very much not attracted to, so what do I know?

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 06:02 AM
I dunno. Are you trapped in a shit hole, surrounded by people you don't want to know, miles from everyone you do know, and wondering how much longer you can take it before you go postal?

If so, then maybe.Christ. Bad news, jenn. Apparently you're scarletpeaches.

jennontheisland
03-31-2010, 06:11 AM
Christ. Bad news, jenn. Apparently you're scarletpeaches.
Bloody hell.

Wait, if I'm you, then who's me?

aadams73
03-31-2010, 06:12 AM
I giggle. It's revolting, but I just noticed it tonight when I was talking to a student. The other receptionist asked him if he had a photo ID and he said something about all of the useless Army junk he had in his folder and I giggled. I realised right away that what he'd said wasn't even remotely funny, but goodness help me, he could have said anything and I think I would have giggled like a maniac. Ugh.

Oh no, not the dreaded giggling! I'm so not a giggler by default, so if I hear one slip I just inwardly cringe. Giggling makes me feel like my IQ has dropped several points.

roonil_wazlib
03-31-2010, 06:17 AM
Oh no, not the dreaded giggling! I'm so not a giggler by default, so if I hear one slip I just inwardly cringe. Giggling makes me feel like my IQ has dropped several points.

Neither am I. So if I giggle, I know my hormones, they are a-ragin'.

At least I don't twirl my hair. Haha.

scarletpeaches
03-31-2010, 06:19 AM
Bloody hell.

Wait, if I'm you, then who's me?Probably me.

Which explains why I'm living in a place populated by fuglies. It's just like being back home.

Cella
03-31-2010, 06:20 AM

you had me at Army....

poetinahat
03-31-2010, 06:36 AM
The first sign for many years was the sudden appearance of my mother stage-whispering, "She seems fun! Why don't you ask her out for a cup of coffee?"

Silver King
03-31-2010, 06:48 AM
The first sign for many years was the sudden appearance of my mother stage-whispering, "She seems fun! Why don't you ask her out for a cup of coffee?"
My dad also voiced his opinions, bless his dear departed soul.

He'd say, "I'd bang that one if I were you, son."

I miss the old coot. He was always so very helpful.

mario_c
03-31-2010, 06:55 AM
This is all very educational. I wonder why I never see women do...

Oh.

milly
03-31-2010, 08:28 AM
chewing the backside of my top lip between my teeth...my top lip is a little prominent and it swells when I'm nervous or excited so...out of habit, I pull it in when I'm like...omg, is he really looking at me?? Seriously...*chewing*...I'm taller than him and well...my hair's not fixed and...*chewing* oh my God...he's coming this way...think he's gonna talk to me...*chewing*...oh..wait...nope...I'm an idiot and then I've all but turned my top lip into one to rival Angelina Jolie's...THEN, the stuttering starts...so glad I am past this nervous crap now...haha

*chewing-chewing-chewing*

NeuroFizz
03-31-2010, 09:40 AM
I just look for the swollen, heart-shaped redrump and go all baboonballoon before she has a chance to stand on two feet and run.

Another clueless one here. I'm outgoing in most social situations, but if there is a spark, I get downright shy. I'll talk, even hint at flirtation, but I always take it slow. Too slow, I suspect. But then again, it's been some time since I've been out in the game. Once I get back there, in the looking mode, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Xelebes
03-31-2010, 09:59 AM
I avoid eye contact. Which really doesn't say much because I avoi eye contact anyways - but I will always sneak a look at her when she isn't looking at me.

Actually going up to her and talking to her is something I've barely done. I have speech problems outside of desirous attraction, so I would be even more indecipherable if I were to approach her in real life. I do most of my approaching on the internet - I get more success that way.

Gugland
03-31-2010, 10:42 AM

As for others attracted to me... no effin clue. I've had more than a few people point out someone's potential interest to me and responded with a blank stare of disbelief. Totally missed it every time.

Wow, sorry to hear about life in your town. I live in a place full of young, hot, educated people. Only problem is, I'm not one of them.

I keep looking for the cute young women wearing "I like pudgy old dudes" t-shirts, but I've yet to find one.

There was one though...but by the time someone pointed out that she seemed interested, we had already become close friends (no, not that kind of close...dammit).

SPMiller
03-31-2010, 11:50 AM
I just assume most people want to fuck me, and you know what? I'm usually right.

jennontheisland
03-31-2010, 11:51 AM
I just assume most people want to fuck me, and you know what? I'm usually right.
Meh. I'd do ya.

SPMiller
03-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Meh. I'd do ya.Queue up, then.

aadams73
03-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Don't worry, I'll twitter it with a youtube link.

Please, get with the program. Chatroulette is where it's at now.

My dad also voiced his opinions, bless his dear departed soul.

He'd say, "I'd bang that one if I were you, son."

Parents, so helpful. My grandmother, god love her, used to point to attractive (to her) men and say, "What about him then?"

kayleamay
03-31-2010, 04:47 PM
I have been told that I dance when I'm attracted to someone. Not like breaking into the sprinkler or anything, but I kind of hop around and shuffle my feet when I talk to them. I have never noticed myself doing this, but friends and family have told me it is so. I also get the blotchy neck that SP speaks of.

As far as noticing when other people are attracted, I think some people send out stronger subliminal waves or something. I've worked with a guy off and on for about 5 years. I've known that he has a little crush on me since the first time we spoke because of the way he made eye contact. I don't really know how to describe it other than as too focused.

Years ago, I worked with a guy who cornered me one day and told me that he'd had a major thing for me for two years, then he laid a kiss on me I can only describe as scary. I had no clue. We sat about 5 feet from each other all day every day. We talked constantly. He was always bringing me snacks. Yet, I missed it. It might have been because I was preggers when we met so I thought he was just diggin' the round belly in a weird way. *shrugs*

I'm married now. I know my husband is attracted because he keeps coming home.

Silent Rob
03-31-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm the oblivious type. My wife asked me out, which was kind of handy because I didn't realise we were married.

kayleamay
03-31-2010, 05:05 PM
*high fives the muppet in the name of solidarity*

milly
03-31-2010, 06:16 PM
I also tend to drink a little too much when I am nervous around a guy and yes, that results in me, sitting at a table while my hormones fight with the alcohol as copious amounts of giggling and weight shifting alert the person who insists on buying me another drink that I'm more than just tipsy.

Wait...did I mention I love beer?? Not sure how attractive that is in a woman, but, I won't hide my feelings any longer...hehe

SPMiller
03-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Nah, beer's awesome. Not enough female fans as it is. Medi's the only other I know of on AW.

Cella
03-31-2010, 10:50 PM
beer from a glass has some class,
beer in a can, just for a man.

milly
03-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Speaking of beer...just got back from lunch and OMG...hole in the wall place with great beers on tap...and a cider...what has happened to my small town??

I think we've turned a corner.

I am convinced now that I have to go there tonight for dinner...if only because they actually have PBR on tap...yes, sorry...I enjoy an ice cold PBR when its hot outside like it is here right now...and, I can follow it with a Woodchuck Amber Cider (or three) and then end my night with whatever Sam Adams seasonal the bartender convinces me to try

Then...alas, the whole, sitting a table saying stupid things while biting my lip starts...my hubbie might get annoyed with it but he'll be happy when we make it home :):) hehe

megoblocks
03-31-2010, 11:22 PM
If you want good, fresh beer, you have to brew your own (or know someone that does). The crap they put in it for preservatives kills the taste once you have a sip of the real thing.

milly
03-31-2010, 11:24 PM
beer from a glass has some class,
beer in a can, just for a man.
Cella Cella Cella...I can see that we have some educating to do here...can beer, the kind you can pull from an iced down cooler while sitting on a beach towel in the white sand as your kids splash in the surf and dodge kite fliers and eat teddy grahams...well, that kind of beer is hard to beat...stays amazingly cold!!

As for glass beer...well...let's put it this way...we have now converted our second fridge into a kegorator and its freezer up top is full of our mugs and pint glasses and pilsner glasses. I can't say that I prefer either but, its nice to have options and those I have! :)

milly
03-31-2010, 11:29 PM
we've brewed our own and yes, I agree to an extent...but you have to be good at brewing it and I am not *sigh*

I do know some folks locally though who make amazing moonshine-that's the kind of "brewing" we see around her mostly. ;)

megoblocks
03-31-2010, 11:32 PM
If yours isn't coming out well, most of the time its because you aren't cleaning well enough. A little bit of funk (bacteria) will ruin any batch. Other problems like low alc content, flatness, etc. are easy to track down.

If the malt/hops/yeast is giving you trouble, makebeer.net has good little packages that you can either do straight or change as you see fit, but are ready to go.

shyne
03-31-2010, 11:38 PM
When I pour grain into my hand they come a running.

milly
03-31-2010, 11:45 PM
If yours isn't coming out well, most of the time its because you aren't cleaning well enough. A little bit of funk (bacteria) will ruin any batch. Other problems like low alc content, flatness, etc. are easy to track down.

If the malt/hops/yeast is giving you trouble, makebeer.net has good little packages that you can either do straight or change as you see fit, but are ready to go.

thanks...I'll look into that...we really focus on store bought keg beer during college football in the fall but my husband enjoys experimenting in the summer months. I'm on it!

Mr Flibble
03-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Nah, beer's awesome. Not enough female fans as it is. Medi's the only other I know of on AW.

O'rly?

Gugland
03-31-2010, 11:55 PM
I have been told that I dance when I'm attracted to someone. Not like breaking into the sprinkler or anything, but I kind of hop around and shuffle my feet when I talk to them. I have never noticed myself doing this, but friends and family have told me it is so.

It's SO cute when girls do that.

I also get the blotchy neck that SP speaks of.

This, not so much.

quickWit
04-01-2010, 12:01 AM
On a serious note, it's a known fact that any chick that makes eye contact wants you. Srsly.

:D

Cella
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
that's only YOU, qWit....

stop making all the other dudes jealous!

SPMiller
04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
O'rly?Then you'll have to come out with me for beer when you visit Dallas next.

quickWit
04-01-2010, 12:12 AM
(turns back to qW and looks out window) :poke:

Oh! And on a related note...any chick that acts like she doesn't want you totally does, too.

Again, known fact. You could look it up on Wikipedia if you don't believe me.

Mr Flibble
04-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Then you'll have to come out with me for beer when you visit Dallas next.

You have a date, darlin'.

If I blush, start talking too fast, make lots of eye contact or make excuses to touch your hand / leg / any bits really, you can take it as read you're on a promise.

aadams73
04-01-2010, 12:18 AM
On a serious note, it's a known fact that any chick that makes eye contact wants you. Srsly.

:D

Breathing and a pulse are also signs that some inexperienced men mistake for attraction. :D

quickWit
04-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Breathing and a pulse are also signs that some inexperienced men mistake for attraction. :D

*sees aadams breathing, assumes she's got a pulse, too*

rawr. :)

aadams73
04-01-2010, 12:27 AM
*sees aadams breathing, assumes she's got a pulse, too*

rawr. :)

I'm a robot. I don't have a pulse. Sorry. :D

quickWit
04-01-2010, 12:31 AM
I don't have a pulse.

JACKPOT!

semilargeintestine
04-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Cella Cella Cella...I can see that we have some educating to do here...can beer, the kind you can pull from an iced down cooler while sitting on a beach towel in the white sand as your kids splash in the surf and dodge kite fliers and eat teddy grahams...well, that kind of beer is hard to beat...stays amazingly cold!!

As for glass beer...well...let's put it this way...we have now converted our second fridge into a kegorator and its freezer up top is full of our mugs and pint glasses and pilsner glasses. I can't say that I prefer either but, its nice to have options and those I have! :)

Beer in a can is disgusting. I have not met a canned beer that I enjoyed. And I love beer.

Cella
04-01-2010, 12:33 AM
:fistpump Semi!

semilargeintestine
04-01-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm a Belgian beer kind of guy, so if it doesn't come in a bottle, I probably want nothing to do with it.

megoblocks
04-01-2010, 12:37 AM

I think you are mixing up mistake for "only requirement." Even then, that can be fudged.

megoblocks
04-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Beer in a can is disgusting. I have not met a canned beer that I enjoyed. And I love beer.

Peaches, however, come from a can.

scarletpeaches
04-01-2010, 12:41 AM
I was put there by a man.

semilargeintestine
04-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Yes, but no matter how much she drinks, she's not a beer. :D

ETA: Aw, you beat me to it.

aadams73
04-01-2010, 12:47 AM
JACKPOT!

I think you are mixing up mistake for "only requirement." Even then, that can be fudged.

I am profoundly disturbed by you two.

scarletpeaches
04-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Yes, but no matter how much she drinks, she's not a beer. :D

ETA: Aw, you beat me to it.Abeer is acksherly a Scottish girls' name. Google Abeer Parks (Parkes?) - she is or was a newsreader.

milly
04-01-2010, 12:49 AM

Are we gonna get into this debate again semi??

Come on...you don't like canned beers, Beatles covers or...I don't know...maybe southerners...yep, I think that's the disconnect here.

sorry...it's one of those things that's sort of ingrained in you from birth down here...beer=can=college football=cookouts=mosquitoes=tiki torches=beer in a can on a deck=college football=beer in a can=beer in a can=beer in a can=face down in back yard beneath blazing mosquito blasting tiki torch

Really now...what's there to debate? ;)

semilargeintestine
04-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Are we gonna get into this debate again semi??

Come on...you don't like canned beers, Beatles covers or...I don't know...maybe southerners...yep, I think that's the disconnect here.

sorry...it's one of those things that's sort of ingrained in you from birth down here...beer=can=college football=cookouts=mosquitoes=tiki torches=beer in a can on a deck=college football=beer in a can=beer in a can=beer in a can=face down in back yard beneath blazing mosquito blasting tiki torch

Really now...what's there to debate? ;)

Nothing. Based on the above, it naturally follows that southerners = no taste. ;)

megoblocks
04-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Nothing. Based on the above, it naturally follows that southerners = no taste. ;)

Not unless you like to deep fat fry everything

SPMiller
04-01-2010, 12:53 AM
You have a date, darlin'.

If I blush, start talking too fast, make lots of eye contact or make excuses to touch your hand / leg / any bits really, you can take it as read you're on a promise.Well, now I know what to expect.

And don't worry. I'll touch your bits if you touch mine.

milly
04-01-2010, 12:54 AM

wow...no amount of winking can soften that blow semi...geez

milly
04-01-2010, 12:58 AM

I won't lie...cornbread and fried okra and squash...I don't care who you are, that shit is good!!

Call me crazy but...the invention of beer battered stuff, well, it gets me a little misty-eyed even still.

*wiping eyes with bejewled bandana from back pocket, saddened by my fellow AWers lack of southern hospitality and charm* ;)

semilargeintestine
04-01-2010, 01:05 AM

Which I dooooooooooo. Well, no, I don't. But it sounds good.

wow...no amount of winking can soften that blow semi...geez

Loosen up, love. I'm just taking the piss out of ya. Crack open a PBR. :D

megoblocks
04-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Speaking of deep fat frying (and things bad for you), anyone see the 1 year old Happy Meal picture? That'll cure you of Mc D's real fast.

semilargeintestine
04-01-2010, 01:14 AM
If the massive diarrhea doesn't cure you of McD's, a picture sure as hell won't.

scarletpeaches
04-01-2010, 01:15 AM
I bet your accent would even make that post sexy.

Mr Flibble
04-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Well, now I know what to expect.

And don't worry. I'll touch your bits if you touch mine.

Promises, promises.

*takes screenshot to use as proof*

*books flight to Dallas*

semilargeintestine
04-01-2010, 01:23 AM
I bet your accent would even make that post sexy.

You've never heard me croon the phrase "massive diarrhea" before. It's ripped the pants off several girls.

scarletpeaches
04-01-2010, 02:53 AM
That post is made of so much win, it's got to be illegal.