PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Beta Partner (Urban Fantasy)

Rowan
03-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Hello! I'm hoping to find a beta partner. I've beta read for others in the past--and swapped partials with a couple of people--but haven't found that ideal match.

I write UF and would like a partner who is open to reading/critiquing a few chapters at a time. An ideal beta wouldn't have any issues with sex, violence, gender issues (by "gender issues" I mean sexual innuendo, the usual male/female jokes and slang, etc.--believe me, I have a reason for clarifying here). That's not to say my MS if full of sex/violence but I need an open-minded beta reader (ie., the average UF reader--think early Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, Jim Butcher's Dresden files, Charlaine Harris; fantasy set in an urban/contemporary environment). I only mention this because of a prior experience where that became an issue, and I want to be clear regarding my needs. ;) I'd also prefer someone who's been around AW for a while, as I've been approached to beta read by individuals who appear to use this forum for the sole purpose of obtaining critiques (ie., no posts).

My MS is about a forensice pathologist who spends her days in the morgue examining dead bodies and her nights casting spells with members of northern Virginia’s clandestine magical community. But when members of her coven start showing up on the autopsy table, she has two choices: solve the murders or become the next victim.

There's a subplot or two--a magical amulet--blah, blah. The usual UF stuff!

Please PM me if you think we'd be a match.

Thank you,
Rowan :)

Anaquana
03-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Psst... Rowan... wrong forum.... :D

Rowan
03-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Psst... Rowan... wrong forum.... :D

Aaagghh, crap. I was in this forum and thought I jumped to the Beta Forum! LOL
Let me go and get a mod......................... :tongue
(thanks)

ETA: Okay, I just e-mailed CaoPaux and asked that she move this... Clearly I need a drink. :)

Rowan
03-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Wow, that was fast. I've got a potential partner. Thank you, Anaquana. ;)
And thank you to the mods (CaoPaux :)) for shifting this thread! :hooray:

ETA: thank you to everyone who PM'ed me. I've found a partner but I sincerely appreciate your offers! Cheers :)