SmallPress Blog/Dan Poynter

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcnixon

After having published two books with a traditional publisher, I've decided to go out on my own* because, humbly ;) , I think that I can do a better job selling this particular book.

Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I've decided to chronicle my successes and failures with this venture at:

www.smallpress.typepad.com

In addition, the SmallPress blog will offer links, provide info, perhaps an expert of two will wander by, and, free-of-charge, you get the opportunity to see me, possibly fail big-time!

Feeling particularly brave, I fired off an e-mail to Dan Poynter, the godfather of self-publishing, and he kindly answered a few questions which are now up on the blog. Feel free to wander by and take a read.

Tom Nixon

*My business name is Degree Press (because I will publish books related to earning college degrees).

tcnixon

And again...

In the "when it rains, it pours" category, after getting an interview with Dan Poynter for my new blog, I now also have one with Jan Nathan, executive director of the Publishers Marketing Association.

You can read it all at:

www.smallpress.typepad.com

She offers quite good advice on what to know before you decide to publish yourself.

Tom Nixon

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Cherilnc said:
Wow, how did you get Dan Poynter?

Cherilnc, since he posted as a guest back in Dec we might not hear from him on this forum. I checked out his site and plan to read through it later. It's professional looking and he has archives (so you could go back and read that interview) and he allows comments. Perhaps he'd be willing to answer your question on his site.

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
Dan Poynter is a self-publisher - he owns his own publishing company. His book "The Self-Publishing Manual" is a must read for anyone considering self-publishing.

tcnixon

Update

Dawno said:
Cherilnc, since he posted as a guest back in Dec we might not hear from him on this forum. I checked out his site and plan to read through it later. It's professional looking and he has archives (so you could go back and read that interview) and he allows comments. Perhaps he'd be willing to answer your question on his site.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I would certainly be willing to answer questions. And, yes, I do have comments turned on.

In addition to the Dan Poynter interview, I've now interviewed many, many other folks in self-publishing. You can read them all at the SmallPress Blog.

Tom Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.