Status
Not open for further replies.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I saw the trailer for this movie yesterday and it looked pretty interesting. It says it is based on a true story. I personally don't recall ever hearing about this is. I was just curious if y'all had any thoughts about it.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
It looks really creepy and scary. I like movies like that. Although I too haven't heard anything. It might be a Blair Witch type of hoax....who knows, and who cares. :) I still want to see it.

Rhush

Slave to the metal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I want to see it too. And I admit my first thought was...maybe another Blair Witch. But like you said, who cares? I want to see it no matter what. Besides, I loved watching Blair Witch in the 10 minutes before the whole world knew it was a hoax. It made it soooo freaking scary to think it was real. And even if Emily isnt based on a particular true story, there have been many stories of exorcism going on for centuries.

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
'based on a true story' can mean at some point in the history of mankind someone wore the same purple pants as the main character. i think it was called 'the last shot,' with alec baldwin and matthew broderick, based on some FBI sting to catch some gangsters by setting up a phony movie production. watching the documentary attached to it, the movie was pretty far removed from what really happened except in a very, very broad sense.

movies 'based on a true story' is rather like reading USAtoday or the enquirer, which re-inforces the old saying, 'newspapers are half rumours, half lies and half truth.'

obviously emily didn't send away for preyer's free exorcism kit, only $19.95. you know, ronald mcdonald has a house to help people out. i think chik-fil-a should have a house for possessed people seeing as how that whole thing is on the rise. avoid taco bell's house, though. trust me. talk about *real* horror....

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Thanks Julia for the info. I was just curious if the movie really was based on a true story or not. I know some people slap "Based on a True Story" on a movie hoping to get more people to go watch it. But yeah it does look like it's gonna be a good movie. Can't wait to see it.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I recently saw the trailer for another interesting movie. Is anyone going to see Cry_Wolf? Any thoughts about it?

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
'obviously emily didn't send away for preyer's free exorcism kit, only $19.95. you know, ronald mcdonald has a house to help people out. i think chik-fil-a should have a house for possessed people seeing as how that whole thing is on the rise. avoid taco bell's house, though. trust me. talk about *real* horror....' ~ he he, i crack me up.

this wasn't a bad movie, though i found it more interesting than scary. at least it didn't have some creepy child in the background that can zoom right into your face in under a second from a football field away then take their sweet time killing their victim with slurpy sound effects and jerky movements. i had a horror parody with mummies that did this zoom-in thing, get about ten feet away then kinda stagger in, their arms all crooked, then kung fu fight with the good guys. it was brilliant, absolutely brilliant. based on a true story, too.

Reaction score
Always remember, this is Hollywood's version of 'true story' - with the same proportion of truth as there is chicken in KFC.

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
i kind of got roped into a date thing with an ugly chick who worked at KFC once. turned out she was still married. if there's not a lymerick in that, i don't know where else there could possibly be one.

now that i think about it, seems i have a lot in common with fast food, doesn't it? well, i never found out if she tasted like chicken or long john's~ d'oh!

okay, i'll stop now.

Ginger

Registered
Reaction score
I watched this movie over Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it. Its freaky in a couple spots, but its not gory. It is based around the trial of the priest as they recall the events of the story. I love spooky movies, and I also love courtroom dramas so this was right up my alley. I'm also Catholic, so maybe it meant more to me than to someone who isn't. But I'd recommend it for sure to anyone who likes horror. :popcorn:

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
it's barely a horror movie. technically it is, but only because of the clocks that stop at three in the morning, as i recall. remove that and it's really not a horror movie, imo. that's not a knock against it, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.