PDA

View Full Version : Beta for YA Paranormal- 1st Three Chapters only

gideonna
03-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Would love it if someone could read the first three chapters of my manuscript (full novel & synopsis also available if interested) and share their thoughts. I've started to sub to agents tentatively, but am having a crisis of confidence. I'm based in the UK so have written a blurb, rather than a query:

Fourteen-year-old Isabelle Fryer expects to die of boredom when she is sent to stay with her nan in the Dark Peak. But everything changes when she finds a silver locket that appears to be connected to a mysterious local legend. Who was Bridget Drabble? Did she really raise the dead? And why are people digging up her grave? With the help of her younger brother, Ben, Isabelle begins to discover the eerie truth behind the stories, and finds herself in the middle of a centuries-old fight that could lead to death...or life.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

cuddlekins
03-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Would love it if someone could read the first three chapters of my manuscript (full novel & synopsis also available if interested) and share their thoughts. I've started to sub to agents tentatively, but am having a crisis of confidence. I'm based in the UK so have written a blurb, rather than a query:

Fourteen-year-old Isabelle Fryer expects to die of boredom when she is sent to stay with her nan in the Dark Peak. But everything changes when she finds a silver locket that appears to be connected to a mysterious local legend. Who was Bridget Drabble? Did she really raise the dead? And why are people digging up her grave? With the help of her younger brother, Ben, Isabelle begins to discover the eerie truth behind the stories, and finds herself in the middle of a centuries-old fight that could lead to death...or life.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

I could give you feedback on your first 3 chapters. I'll PM you my email id.
BTW, being from the UK myself, I have researched a lot of agents here and they prefer queries than blurbs.

xcomplex
03-29-2010, 04:58 AM
I am interested! PM me and I will give you an e-mail to write to.