Stuff I'm finding while packing

Gugland

Sufficiently downsized
Registered
Reaction score
I'm packing up my stuff in preparation to move next week. I keep coming across funny items, and figured I'd share them with y'all before I box 'em back up for another decade.

First off is a letter found by my friend Fred in San Francisco, presumably from his building's maintenance man to the landlord:

Mickey And Counsel.

I came by to check on drain downstair. I put that chemical in and had to be rinsed with cold water. Still not draining like it should. Slow. I poured another bottle down drain also.

Also I better let you know in case I need to see docter. Drain started smoking and I moved out of way and I slipped in water and fell. Hit bottom step. I'm not to bad, little pain when I move left side.

Also I didn't get my 5 hr's overtime. And I signed contract. You swell, people owe me another 3 months pay. After 24 hr's of my firing, I start interest. Ask Laber-Board.

Hope you didn't tell new employee same crap you told me.

Here are your keys also.

P.S.
If they don't work out. I would like to come back.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
what a treasure of an employee :rolleyes:

That's funny. I always liked finding my old childhood toys while moving and remembering how amazed I was with things like magnets. Old books were my favorite, though. Anyone else read the Serendipity books?

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha. the PS made me laugh and choke on my coffee.

Gugland

Sufficiently downsized
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, this next one is one of my favorites, and even inspired a character in a screenplay.

It's a letter from an unsatisfied customer to Russ Solomon, former president of Tower Records:

Dear Mr. Russ Solomon,

I am writting to you to mention that I have heard a disappointment news of how your workers have offended us greatly. They refuse to accepted our gothics music into Tower Record. Anyway, if Tower already have our music, then it must be your workers also have such a really bad manners & upsetted us greatly. I hope that you would do anything about it as soon as possible. If not, then Tower Record would be just like another record store (Sam Goody) whom I detest really much. And if nothing is improve, then I and all my gothic brothers & sisters of the world will stop shopping at Tower completely. I hope that you know there are many gothics as every grain of sands on earth. Thank you very much.

Til The End,
Children of Black Mist

........To Russ' credit, he forwarded the note to us (the buyers) with a post-it that said "fix this" (the lack of goth music, not the grammar)