My name is Perks, and I am a suspense writer.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
There.

Kaitie was feeling all alone amidst a pack of baying thriller and mystery writers. But we shall not be overrun, we of the middle-anxiety-to-confusion-ratio scribes. Though we live in a haze of making an exciting muddle of scenarios that we hope are in some way believable, we sometimes feel on the fringe of bolder plots that imperil the world, or even the universe. And we know that whodunnit is sometimes less of a quandary than whydunnit or how much it deserved to be dun. So we are marginalized in our shades-of-grey commitment, but we are strong. And we are eloquent. Sometimes.

So, here I am to stand with you, Kaitie.

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man. This just had me rolling. We shall stand hand in hand above this crowd of mystery-writing miscreants and bask in our superiority!

I mean uh...uh...I probably shouldn't call the people with in-depth knowledge of how to plan a murder miscreants, huh?

Quick, Perks! Say something writerly!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, goodness. What have I done?

:ROFL:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I suppose an objective third party would have to read our respective WIPs to judge who's lumpier in the id.

This is getting tricky.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
::sigh:: I was going to say something on topic but hell if I know what it was by now...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
::sigh:: I was going to say something on topic but hell if I know what it was by now...
Eeeek! There she is. God, how you startled me. Don't sneak up on people like that.

I see now why they wanted to know if I was afraid of you. You're quite looming and toothsome.

(P.S. Hi, heyjude. I don't know if we've ever interacted on these boards. Don't mind me. I'm an idiot. But I've heard you are a very good writer.)

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
Which was... what? It was either for me to make a completely unsubstantiated claim or to make Kaitie feel less alone.

I'm not sure, Perks. That OP had like 50 words in it, or something. Some of them were multi-syllablallic, too! I didn't get much past the "Kaitie was..." part, actually.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
you had him at "There". But you lost him at "feeling"...which really is a damn shame.

He likes feeling stuff... and stuff.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Which was... what? It was either for me to make a completely unsubstantiated claim or to make Kaitie feel less alone.

Wow lol...this makes me sound all kinds of pathetic, doesn't it?