Weirdest Story of the Day

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
You know,

if you want to go back to jail, then shoot the moon and try to rob a bank.

Its a win win. If you get away with it, you got lots of money and if you get caught, you end up in jail which is what you wanted in the first place :)

Mel...

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
It said he feared retaliation from the victim's family. Unless his family is the Sopranos wouldn't a simple relocation have done the trick?

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
It said he feared retaliation from the victim's family. Unless his family is the Sopranos wouldn't a simple relocation have done the trick?

Hard to relocate when you have no money, housing, etc.

Mel...

Oshodisa

Registered
Reaction score
Makes a change from the UK where our prisons let people out early, then said people sue the prison service for the lack of hot meals they should have got over the time that they had knocked off the sentence.

I think it cost something like £7 Million at the last count!

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Either that or he got out, looked around at the state of the world, looked back at his free housing, healthcare, food, gym, cable television...and said "Screw this! I'm going back in. It's scary out here."

Brukaviador

Registered
Reaction score
Either that or he got out, looked around at the state of the world, looked back at his free housing, healthcare, food, gym, cable television...and said "Screw this! I'm going back in. It's scary out here."

Kind of a form of Stockholm syndrome. Prison sucks but like anything else, you'd adapt and get used to it after a while. Eventually the outside world would seem to be the scary unknown entity. Makes a weird sort of sense I guess. Better the devil you know...

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
I honest to God have an uncle who got out of jail, found out that his wife left him, had no job or money so purposely broke the law to go back. He said its better there, three meals a day, no nagging wife, etc etc.

My extended family is kinda shady..

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Makes a change from the UK where our prisons let people out early, then said people sue the prison service for the lack of hot meals they should have got over the time that they had knocked off the sentence.

I think it cost something like £7 Million at the last count!

Do you have a link for this?