Ultramarines movie: Voice Actors Announced!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I started up a thread about this movie a while ago, but my overly referential title obviously scared everyone who didn't know what I was talking about away.

Here is the skinny.

It is the impossibly distant future. The Imperium of Man stretches across half the galaxy, ruled by the God-Emperor of Terra. Unfortunately, The Emperor was mortally wounded by his favorite son, Horus, almost ten thousand years ago. Kept alive only by a massive life support system called the Golden Throne, the Emperor is a slowly dying carcass whose empire is only defended by worshipful followers struggling under conditions that make Soviet Russia look eudemonic.

Four things keep the Imperium from completely collapsing. The first is the Inquisition, who spend their time killing mutants, heretics, aliens, anyone who looks at them funny and so on. The second is the Imperial Navy, who flies five mile long spaceships that look like armored churches with guns on them. The third is the Imperial Guard, who is made up of trillions of poor saps armed with flashlights (laser rifles) and tee-shirts (flack vests).

And then finally there are the Space Marines. Twelve foot tall genetically engineered superhuman killing machines that wear foot thick power armor and weild semi-automatic rocket propelled grenade launchers that fire armor piercing mass reactive self propelled mini-rockets called bolts.

Also they have chainsaw swords.

Also, one of them is going to be voiced by John Hurt.

Not going to lie, this movie is sounding more awesome every day.

Anyone else going to see it :D ?

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
No trailers???

When is it scheduled for release?

Mel...

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I DON'T KNOW!

Also, I'm totally betting John Hurt is going to play the Librarian: A Space Marine with psychic powers!

I'm taking ten dollars!

Ten dollars!

Five dollars!

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
About time they got around to this. The 40K property has always been a very entertaining place for storytelling. Here's hoping they do well with it. Any idea who's writing it?

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I misread the title as another Ultraviolet movie. I was about to weep for humanity.

meh, as long as you lower your expectations, accept it as a B movie, and perhaps down a few beers, Ultraviolet is tolerable.

Mel...

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
About time they got around to this. The 40K property has always been a very entertaining place for storytelling. Here's hoping they do well with it. Any idea who's writing it?

Rumors say Dan Abnett.

<Sigh> I'd kill for a Ciaphas Cain movie.

Starring Johnny Depp as Cain.

That would be made of win.