• Never have

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious after the legalization thread. How many folks here have firsthand experience with marijuana. Of course, this poll will not reveal your identity.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I did it maybe four or five times as a teenager. I never bought it, but was handed a joint from time to time by friends during those mischeivous moments when teens are alone and hanging out and brewing up trouble.

I didn't find a poll optioon that suits that option -- not even "I have smoked in the past" because that option implies I was a regular smoker.

Perhaps a poll option which says "A couple/few times as a teenager, sheerly as an experiment."

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought that's what I meant by "I smoked in the past". I didn't mean regularly, nec. The past is past after all.

Romantic Heretic

uncoerced
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.romantic-heretic.com
Last time I smoked it was (thinks) thirty years ago? Don't care for it. I have a low THC threshold and I get way too stoned way too fast.

I prefer my pipe tobacco.

samson'sseed

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I smoked pot from 1980-1992.

It should be legalized. All drugs should be legalized. The government has no right to tell people what kind of chemicals they can put in their body.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Smoked it once and hated it. Despite hating it, I have craved it off and on ever since. People say it's not addictive; my experience says otherwise.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I ended up smoking mostly hash due to who my friends were, so I wouldn't do it now because it gets so heavy and draining, even. Light, fluffy pot? Sure, I'd do it here and there, if I trusted the source and the sun was pretty :)

I only smoked on weekends and trips while younger. I had friends who got very addicted :(

AdamH

Pumped Up Kicks
Registered
Reaction score
Been over a decade since I last took a toke. It was an experimental phase. Don't really have an urge anymore but it was fun while it lasted.

I know people who couldn't go a day without pot. There is an addictive quality to it as anything else that makes you feel good. But I wouldn't put it anywhere near the same level of addictiveness as alcohol or some harder drugs.

At least pot has the health benefits on some level (i.e. medical marijuana for cancer/aids patients...ect).

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Of course, this poll will not reveal your identity.

icon12.gif
Only to the government.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I know I experienced the seventies and eighties...I just can't remember them all that well. But I was here in the sixties and nineties...so I MUST have been here in between. Right?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Back in the day. I enjoyed it. A light buzz and I was productive, but if I got stoned, I'd fall asleep eating a sandwich (True story!).
That's why I stopped. All I ever wanted was an entire bag of frozen corn and my bed. Not really a great party.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
It did have the nice side effect of slowing down my ever-racing brain, which was nice. I think entirely too much.

And a lot of people think you have to smoke yourself into oblivion every time, but it's sort of like alcohol. You can have a couple of drinks (puffs) and stop.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
The Presidents then were Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan, and I also remember ... uh ... The Doobie Brothers?

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I smoked pot in high school, then had to quit when I joined the Marines. After I got out, I just couldn't get into it anymore. Didn't enjoy the buzz. It just made me sleepy and dull.

But I was definitely hooked when I was a smoker. The first thing my friends and I would do when we got together was smoke. If we didn't have any, our first priority was to get some.

To be honest, at the time, I never thought I'd be able to quit.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
It did have the nice side effect of slowing down my ever-racing brain, which was nice. I think entirely too much.

And a lot of people think you have to smoke yourself into oblivion every time, but it's sort of like alcohol. You can have a couple of drinks (puffs) and stop.
Yeah, I think I didn't know enough of when to quit. It was social and everyone chatting and having a nice time and I never paid any attention until I was ravenous and ready for bed.

If it were legal, I'd try it again and be a bit more mindful of the steering.

Summonere

Registered
Reaction score
No firsthand experience whatsoever. None desired. Kind of like alcohol.

That said, If you want to live in a free country, it shouldn't be illegal. Same for many other things.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
There are times I miss it, but the kids and responsibilities come first these days. I don't even drink much anymore. I just don't have the urge except for the rare once in a blue moon type of thing.