Forensic science

clotje

Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity: do you guys have your finished MSS read by forensic scientists to get out any glaring mistakes and get some advice like I do?

I know, I know. I should've done this in a poll...if only I were computer savvy.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
No. I don't know any, though I wish I did. I try to look up anything I don't know (especially as it releats to science). Luckily, before my husband was transfered and we moved, I was over halfway to a BS with an emphasis in molecular biology, so I know some of the stuff I need to.

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
I used to belong to Sisters in Crime and met a LOT of neat professionals that help me with facts in my mysteries. For instance, I had dinner with the ME of San Diego - ohhhhhh. That's a good place to make contacts. I also have the BC of a coroner death investigator. He spoke at a SinC meeting, handed out cards and said to email him anytime! I have and he's given me great information. He has the most grusome stories to tell! Course I love them all.

Carlene

www.crdater.com

clotje

Registered
Reaction score
I met forensic scientists at the crime writing festival in Harrogate and now they're reading my MSS and check it for mistakes.

I'm such a stickler for getting things right that it annoys me when I read a book and the writer hasn't done his/her research. I can forgive spelling/grammar mistakes but not shoddy (sp?) research.