If you could travel to the past...

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
where would you go? (assuming obviously that stepping on a blade of grass doesn't change the alphabet and what not. ;))

I'd like to go back in time and see the dinosaurs, just to see what they actually looked like. Number two would be to see ancient Egypt around the time that the pyramids were being built. I've always been fascinated by the things they were able to accomplish, and I'd love to see how they did it and what the society was like. :)

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Saturday March 20th 2010.

The Sunday paper just came,
and Now, I've got all the winning lotto numbers.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
My first choice would be Regency England. Love that Jane Austen era! I would also love to go back to convict Australia (preferably not as a convict), and experience everything right up to the present time.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'd go to the houses(or cars) of my mortal enemies' parents and interrupt them with a cold bucket of water just before the moment of conception.

Also, I'd like to be there just before they split the atom so I could yell, "BOOM." I bet they'd find that funny.

Failing that, I'd love to hang in Ancient Rome, you know, share a salad with Caesar, that kind of thing.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I would grab some of my favorite books published in the last 50 years, go to the 50's and send them as manuscripts to all publishing houses.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to see Budapest during the Austria-Hungarian Empire. It's gorgeous now, mind you.

I'd visit Josephine's rose garden. I grow many of her roses :)

I'd love to see the Nile region in Egypt when it was lush and green.

Paris in many, many times. That would have to be home base :)

And of course I'd visit my Native ancestors before settlers came and just fish and stuff ;)

I'll stop. There are too many!!

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Tower of London, June - August 1483...

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
I'd go back to October 3, 1984 and keep my sister from getting on that damn horse...I miss her

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... mixed feelings. I'd like to travel back to the late 1940's. Literature and art of the time were the coolest ever, imo. On the other hand there was a lot of stupid racist sentiments in the era along with sexist views. Guess all eras have their goods and bads.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah...indoor plumbing would be my biggest setback, I imagine. I'd just have to keep it a short trip. ;) And not get eaten by the dinosaurs.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I'd go back and kill the bastard before he had the chance to torture my six-month-old nephew to death.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
If I were stuck back in my grandmother's time or before, I would die a slow, insanity-ridden death because the disease I have had no cure then. That kinda blows my mind.

All it takes now is a big needle full of a [very cheap] red potion once a month. Crazy, isn't it?

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to go back, I just want to put life on pause and take a gloriously long nap before resuming.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to go back, I just want to put life on pause and take a gloriously long nap before resuming.

This'd be gooood. ;)

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I'd go back to about 1476, to what is now Romania and meet Vlad Tepes before he's murdered, just to see what he was really like. And just before he impales me, jump ahead to somewhere between 1485-90 in Hungary to meet King Matyas, see all the lovely books he collected, and bitch-slap his whiny-ass nagging wife, then jump back to our time before she has me flogged.

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
I'd take a million pictures of the inside of my house and the backyard and all the work I've done and travel back a year or so to show them to my grandmother. I'd spend all afternoon asking for her advice (I'm planning to plant some rosebushes this year, and she grew roses most of her life).

Grandma died the day I closed on the house (she was 98). Two or three weeks before she died, Dad and I picked her up after church and drove her past the house so she could see what it looked like, but she never saw the inside.

I wish I could have shown it to her.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to go back to this morning so I could find busy work for my husband.