Howard...I miss him so much

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Dear AbsoluteWrite friends,

It breaks my heart to write this note...

Howard, my much-loved basset hound, passed away on Friday from kidney failure. My boyfriend and I were at his side, and he was here at home in his own background. Howard brought such immense joy and happiness into our lives. I miss him so much.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss... I found this poem three years ago when I lost my bestest fuzzaloid and I found it very helpful...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

[size=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

[/size]

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Oh, no, Rose! I am so terribly, terribly sorry to hear about Howard! Losing a beloved pet is just like losing a member of the family. I felt like I knew him through your posts.

I hope that happy memories of Howard will help you and your boyfriend through this awful time.

Sincerely,

Anne

rich

I've had a number of pets go on me. The last three--2 dogs, 1 cat--I stayed with them as the vet administered the shot. I got one dog and two cats now. This particular dog is two now, and because of her loving nature I'm training her to be a therapy dog.

Hey, considering both our ages, she maybe putting me to sleep.

Cabinscribe

Often ignored by muses
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps, but I know that in time, your happy memories will help to ease the pain of your loss.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Oh, Rose. I'm so sorry about Howard. Losing a beloved pet is so difficult, I know. :(

:Hug2:

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much, I truly appreciate your kindness.

One of the most difficult parts has been having to sit at my desk all day without him and try to write-- he used to sleep by my chair and snore really loud! I always said he was my muse. Now, it's just too quiet, even with the radio playing.

Again, thanks for your support.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Rose, I'm extremely sorry to hear abour your doggie, Howard. Know your friends here are with you in spirit and friendship and hope for only bright things in your future.

Many :Hug2: for you

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I know it's already been said, but I'm so sorry for your loss. I've always had animals in my life and when they pass, it's heartbreaking.
Sending my hugs and empathy!

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks again for the words of sympathy and support. I truly appreciate it.

live4today

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Rose.. {{hug}} I am so very, very sorry for your and your boyfriend's loss. No matter how expected or unexpected, I've learned that the pain lasts a long time. Remember that he will be waiting for you, at the Rainbow Bridge, free from pain, with all the food, water, and sunshine he deserves. I lost my Sammy back in 2003 at the young age of 2.5, and a few years before that another old dog, Mindy. I now have 3 again, and my dachsie is getting older, I can't imagine the day she would be gone.

Have courage, and be well. Howard would want to see you smile.

Denise

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the continued support. More than a month has passed since we lost Howard, and it's been a real struggle. He was such an integral part of our lives!

I still can't believe he's gone, and yet I'm somehow starting to accept it at the same time. I REALLY love the Rainbow Bridge poem, I think those words say it all.

Rose