PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Is Not China

Elaine Margarett
03-20-2010, 04:50 PM
I posted a few months back that my husband was offered a project in China which I asked that he decline. Thanks for all the supportive posts!

We got our next assigment. We'll be at the Glenmore Windpark in WI, just south of Green Bay for the next 9 months! Yay! We really love the Great Lakes area and I have a good friend from Search and Rescue you lives in the area so I'll be able to reconnect with her after not seeing her for ten years.

EM,
already missing home

kayleamay
03-20-2010, 04:55 PM
YAY! Looks like things worked out for the best! Congrats.

CACTUSWENDY
03-20-2010, 07:08 PM
That's good. I know you were really upset about the China stuff....and you get to see an old friend too, woot.

I hope you have a good time while there.

writerterri
03-20-2010, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't want to go to China either. So happy for you! And reconnecting with old friends is fun too! Have a happy time!

Lavern08
03-20-2010, 07:15 PM
I remember the China Syndrome thing too - Glad you're going some place you'll enjoy and reconnect with a friend.

Good times. :hi:

semilargeintestine
03-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Screw China. Wisconsin is 1 million percent better. Glad you don't have to go.

brokenfingers
03-20-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm glad for you that you're not going to China, but I wasn't aware until now that there were Secret Operations going down in Wisconsin.

Best of luck to you and your team.

Snowstorm
03-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Congrats on going to a place where you think you can be happy! And you need to live there, what, 34 years before you can get Green Pay Packers season ticket?

Go Pack!

Silver King
03-21-2010, 06:31 AM
I posted a few months back that my husband was offered a project in China which I asked that he decline. Thanks for all the supportive posts!
Here's a link (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169795) to the original discussion should others be interested in reading further.

Elaine Margarett
03-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Here's a link (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169795) to the original discussion should others be interested in reading further.

Thanks, Silver King. And thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Now I only have two weeks to get ready to leave... gotta spay the cat, update shots on another. Restone the driveway, clean out the basement, find a place to live, refill my xanax Rx ...