Continue this story.

BinaryCortex

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Earth, Sol System, Gamma Sector, Delta quadrant
Use your post to add the next paragraph or chapter to this story. Feel free to switch genres if you can make it make sense. I'll start.

Laci looked up from her digital want ads and saw that her favorite bartender had just teleported in. She put the transparent piece of electroplastic that displayed her want ads, got up and walked over to the bar.

"It's about time you got here Cirea. I have had the worst day and I need someone to talk to." said Laci.
"I'm all ears." said Cirea. It made Laci laugh every time due to the fact that Cirea had four ears.
"I have been scanning the want ads for weeks and nobody is hiring for Ion drive mechanics right now. Not since the new neutrino implosion engine came out. What the hell am I going to do for work?"

Last edited:

BinaryCortex

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Earth, Sol System, Gamma Sector, Delta quadrant
Just then a man walked up to the bar. He was handsome and muscular, but not overly so, and yet he was still a bit rough around the edges.
"Did I hear you correctly, did you say you were an Ion drive mechanic?" said the stranger.
"I am," replied Laci. "And you are...?"
"Sorry, my name is Ashe. I am the first mate on an exploration vessel. We are backed by a small outfit so they couldn't afford to upgrade the ship to the new N.I. engines. And the Ions are much cheaper to repair. However we are without a mechanic since damn near every Ion Mech ran off to learn the new N.I. engines. You need a job, and we need an Ion mech."
"Done, when do we leave?"
"As soon as you can fix it." Ashe grinned.

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
Ashe hated that type of marketing but the banner was the only piece of material he could find that was large enough to shade Laci's work area.

Laci's shaded face showed relief. She glanced at the sign then turned back to work on a pile of scattered components.
"The end of the universe sale? It's sort of ironic after looking at your Ion drive. I hope I'm not working under the heavy hand of karma here."

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
A Rigellian stopped and began looking at the scattered pieces.
"You really need to have price stickers on these things." he informed Ashe.