Star Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecatlucky

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Recently I got into this game series because I got rather sick of what Hollywood's done to Star Trek!
icon8.gif

What makes me even madder is that they've discontinued the Star Ocean series!
icon8.gif

But I have to admit, Star Ocean would make a good miniseries or something. I was watching a walkthrough of Star Ocean The Last Hope(ironic name since it was the last one) and it felt a lot like Avatar, even though I didn't like that movie.

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't play 4 (yet) but 1&2 were great and 3 is definitely in my personal top ten.

tarcanus

Lord of the Tarcans
Registered
Reaction score
Word of the wise - do not play 4. The blatant fantasy tropes, the voice-acting, the plot - it's all terrible. I got 5 hours into it, realized it was going to be eye-bleedingly bad, and traded it in. The big pink bunny that you have to ride was what pushed me over the edge. Ugh, such a terrible game.

spacecatlucky

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I beg to differ. I know 4 doesn't have the best voice acting, but I practically ignore it. Plus, I'm liking the story.

Baryonyx

Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't finish The Last Hope. I liked the characters but the complete lack of savepoints was what made me quick.

I like choosing when I stop playing the game and turn it off, I don't like a game forcing me to continue playing even though I don't want too/am feeling tired/need to go out because there's an hour gap between save points.

Not been able to pause cut scenes was an annoyance too. Decent game with fun characters but those annoyances and a kinda boring battle system were enough for me to lose interest 30 hours or so in.

Status
Not open for further replies.