It's monday and I'm already fried...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get to 'work' today after the weekend off and right after lunch my knees flare up, my fibromyalgia goes off, I get a headache, bright lights hurt, etc. And I still had to run around and get stuff done.

I'm pissed b/c my body is so unreliable, it's only Monday, and I can't shove my head in a hole. Tomorrow should be less crazy, but I don't even know if I'll be hobbling around the whole day or just part of it.

What do you do when the week is starting to look reallllly long?

Blah.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:

Hey, at least tomorrow won't be Monday, right? ;)

Try to carve out some time to do something fun for yourself. Read a book, watch a show, have a special dessert, something. Take care of you.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found duck in the fridge (dethawed Saturday) and nom'ed it. That's kinda like a special dessert, right?

I hope to go to bed early and curl up with Tigana. This daylight savings is confuzling me though.

And yes, tomorrow won't be Monday. And there will at least be kewl stuff to see and do, even if I am miserable while running around getting it sorted.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
omg. Let me join the hate monday club. The beastly cat has learned a new trick. Getting up in the window and leaping, yes, leaping, up to the top of the window will and then clattering back down on the window sill with a horrific, blinds rattling bang. Not to mention almost knocking down the lamp by the window. I don't know if she's jumping at bugs, but mommy wasn't very nice last night. Nor this morning. I was a fucking zombie all day - the last time I saw the clock it was 3:45 and i got up at 7.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
I hear you! I was throwing up all morning yesterday with a violent 24 hour flu, but they desperately needed me at work today. So I went. Sandblasted aluminum parts, and deburred steel plates using an industrial grinder all day. Glad the day is almost over.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. You get a badge and your choice of cast material, hospital induced coma, clue by four (not for self application), or smibble hoard.

Good luck with the cat and the boss. Hopefully we all get more sleep.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hear you! I was throwing up all morning yesterday with a violent 24 hour flu, but they desperately needed me at work today. So I went. Sandblasted aluminum parts, and deburred steel plates using an industrial grinder all day. Glad today is almost over!

That sounds unpleasant after doing battle with a bug. Hope tomorrow is calmer for you.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds unpleasant after doing battle with a bug. Hope tomorrow is calmer for you.

I hope so too. I work in a machine shop, and it seems like every Monday, the programming on the machines goes wonky. The forklift turns into the devil himself. And every tool in the damp shop beams up onto the Enterprise where no one can find them.

Last edited:

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The time change is kicking everybody's butt at my house. We couldn't sleep last night then I couldn't get anyone up this morning. It's 7:15 and I'm ready to go to bed.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I hear you! I was throwing up all morning yesterday with a violent 24 hour flu, but they desperately needed me at work today. So I went. Sandblasted aluminum parts, and deburred steel plates using an industrial grinder all day. Glad the day is almost over.

That is hardcore, Brutal Mustang!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got a good night's sleep last night so hopefully today will go much better.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep can really help nearly every physical ailment and annoyance. We'll cross our fingers for your Tuesday being much better than your Monday.

Maryn, typing pretty well for a person with crossed fingers

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I should have joined this thread yesterday. At least I wouldn't have felt so alone. Started off by spraining my toe badly Sunday night, trying to change the time on the damn clock (there seems to be a theme here...). Monday started off by phoning collection agent to arrange a payment, then trying to shove my swollen toe into shoes so I could go to work. I could barely walk, but I was the only manager scheduled to work, so there was no question of calling in sick. Got to work, started pulling the stock order, and the employee who was to help me bring it down promptly sprained her finger. Yikes!

The good part of that was, after she left, we called in another staff member, and rather than call in a box office cashier, I called in a projectionist. Moved myself from projection (lots of walking, and up and down stairs) to box office (stand still, sit when no guests are there), and managed much better.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's still Tuesday? :e2thud:

Okay, it's not that bad, but it's been a long and partially painful day. There's three more where that came from, and now I'm on call on Sunday.

But the sleep is good.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I get to 'work' today after the weekend off and right after lunch my knees flare up, my fibromyalgia goes off, I get a headache, bright lights hurt, etc. And I still had to run around and get stuff done.

I'm pissed b/c my body is so unreliable, it's only Monday, and I can't shove my head in a hole. Tomorrow should be less crazy, but I don't even know if I'll be hobbling around the whole day or just part of it.

What do you do when the week is starting to look reallllly long?

Blah.
Damiana. It's an herb that I've been trying to help me with my fibromyalgia and it's the real deal. It helps.

I get it in liquid form from the local health food store. You can get it in tea or straight bulk herb.

The herb is harder to get your hands on because all the high school kids are buying it to smoke as it's the legal high alternative to weed.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We should get rid of Mondays and Tuesdays. 3 day work week, ftw.

Although I am hoping to semi-retire early and either work short days or short weeks. I just have to not spend too much flipping money, right? Then I'll have tons of time to spend on my hobbies... which all cost money. Oops.

Meanwhile I'm friggen slave labor. Dire.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wednesday is not playing nice. The knees are killing me again and I keep running back and forth for stuff, plus I was juggling way too much at once this morning.

I'm so over this week. Thank goodness I get next week off.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Bump*

Here we go again. 12 hour shift, now on call, will have a long day tomorrow. Weee.

Also trying to sort out some miscommunication shizzle and having a bit of stress over that.

My feet hurt, I've had a headache off an on, and my other muscles aren't pleased. I'm trying to keep upright and keep a good posture but it is very very hard.

I've got papers to read, sleep to catch, and an early morning tomorrow.

Is it Friday next Monday (will have to work the weekend. And hell, Monday too but at least it will be a new rotation). yet? :e2cry:

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2::Sun::e2flowers:e2cheer::e2cat::e2coffee::e2fish:

(and any other comfort smilies out there)

Hang in there...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers, Theet :)

:e2fish:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday, and congrats on your one thousandth post :) Does that mean your week goes by faster?