Fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Judging by this article, the final game will have a closet that you can try on new clothes and you'll have to settle for maybe rubbing a few bronze coins against your arm and imagine that you're playing a game that lives up to the hype that Peter manages to put out every SINGLE TIME he makes a game.

Seriously, I loved Fable 1 and Fable 2...because I never read a single bit of previews or a single interview. I went in blind and was able to enjoy them for what they were: Fairly entertaining and quirky action-RPGs that could never possibly live up to the hype.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I don't really care if he doesn't live up to the hype as long as it's still a fun game.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
That's a good way to look at things, cha.

Now, ahem, what I want is Fable II on the PC.

Like, right now.

Brukaviador

Registered
Reaction score
After what a great game the first Fable was, I was enormously disappointed by Fable 2. The story was good but it was obvious that it was created by a whole different batch of developers. The real irritating thing was the lack of rewards. I spent dozens of hours running around collecting silver keys, digging holes whenever the damn dog barked and shooting Gargoyles then I find out all the rewards in the game are crap. The payoff was not proportional to the amount of work involved and a lot of the little side tasks really went nowhere or had no purpose.

Having said that, I think I'm going to wait for Fable 3 to hit the discount bin.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
That's a good way to look at things, cha.

Now, ahem, what I want is Fable II on the PC.

Like, right now.

/signed

XBox is too much crap to be lugging around, I want all my games on one game system; kk tyvm.

@Viktor Night; I didn't really notice that, although your right. For me, it was all about the morality system. I had a fun time going evil and watching the cracks break out on my face, I looked like a dark-blue-skinned Diablo by the end. That's the thing in Lionhead studio games, evil is always so much funner than good. That could be considered a bad message, or it may just be me(that says bad things about me). XP

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw a little BTS of this game in G4. Gotta say, the more I listen to Peter, the more it is I think that it's not so much he's trying to hype his games, but that technology just has issues keeping up with his vision.

He talked about something called the expression system, which from I what I saw and understood, acts sort of like a fusion of morality indicator and a battle mode. Seemed a bit corny to me, but meh, w/e.

Also, he was discussing a living weapon system, essentially, the manner in which you use a weapon, will cause it to change and develop ever time. You do good things it turns pretty, bad things it starts dripping blood. Not to sure if this'll make it into the game. The mechanics of it are kind of iffy, and they had no footage of it or anything.

I did see that they got some sweet new finisher moves in the game. One I enjoyed was where you would stab someone through the chest, then do a flip over them while simultaneously ripping out your weapon. Also, a very similar one, where you flipped over while simultaneously stabbing them through the back.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Few more things about Fable III I picked up:

There will be no health bar is Molyneux gets his way, instead, health will be presented more like in FPS, with environmental cues.

Also, there will be no experience points, instead your power is determined by your followers and other activities, such as getting married, having kids, etc.

The game is about touching :p Seriously, you can 'touch' people and then impose different actions on them, such as throwing a kid in the air, holding your girlfriends hand...or selling a bum on the streets into slavery.

Expression system, still not entirely clear on this, but giant wings burst out of your back and will indicate your morality. Not sure what they do besides that though.

Morphing weapons, discussed this above.

In other news, I find that no matter how many times I hear, the games soundtracks still gives me wonderful thrills.

I still love being evil, the one evil decision I really struggled with in Fable I was killing Theresa, I love her personality and backstory, but I also wanted the Sword of Aeons.

I do wish they had a more variable plot, like one for good endings and one for evil endings and so forth, but I can understand that, that would mean near Blizzardian development times.

Kenny

Registered
Reaction score
I play tested F3 a while back and even if I cannot say much about the test (so please don't push it) there are some interesting new features in it. I can say that I'll be picking it up as soon as I can. *sobs* I wanna play it now...

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Wolf killing video.

Has some dialog at the end that seems completely unrelated to anything with the video itself.
Also, I wonder why they pick up the girl only to set her down again...

maggi90w1

CAVE!
Registered
Reaction score
I only played Fable I, but what I really liked was how the character evoled over time. Especially the scars appearing on your body and face, when you "died".
I love the setting for the second part but they never published it for PC so I never played it.
I'm quite excited for the third part. I really like this become-king-and-rule-the-kingdom-idea. I just hope they woN't go overboard with the fancy stuff. The expression system seem a little (read: totally) over the top.

Pamvhv

Sipper of Mojitos
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookalicio.us
Kenny: I have a hard time believing you 'beta' tested the game. It's not finished and a colleague of mine who works in the office at Fable Lab has the beta sheet and is just now filling up names.

I love Fable for what it is. RPG for people who generally don't like RPG. The graphics this time around are going to surpass II by quite a bit, plus I think it will be fun to actually be the person in power instead of the underdog.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Kenny: I have a hard time believing you 'beta' tested the game. It's not finished and a colleague of mine who works in the office at Fable Lab has the beta sheet and is just now filling up names.

Ugh, jealous.

Edit: Revisiting the Lionhead Studios, it's been a month or two. Liking the changes so far...

Pamvhv

Sipper of Mojitos
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookalicio.us
Log: Not really jealous just fact stating. I worked at Yahoo in London and we lost one of our very best developers to the studio :) I don't like to beta, I want to do it all with as few stops as possible.

I wonder if the OnLive Service will have Fable III

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Log: Not really jealous just fact stating. I worked at Yahoo in London and we lost one of our very best developers to the studio :) I don't like to beta, I want to do it all with as few stops as possible.

No, I mean I'm jealous.

Pamvhv

Sipper of Mojitos
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookalicio.us
Ah LOL! My ability to read English is deteriorating with these Dutch texts.

I think it's going to be wicked fun even though they are taking away even more of the RPG-ness.

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
That's the thing in Lionhead studio games, evil is always so much funner than good. That could be considered a bad message, or it may just be me(that says bad things about me). XP

Very, very true. In Black and White, I was a horrible, spiteful god. Setting homes and villages on fire, rolling boulders down mountains into town, hurling ungrateful villagers across mountain valleys... Let's just say we should be glad I'm not omnipotent.

I'm also really loving the look of the setting for Fable III. I ignore all the news and updates and talks Molyneux gives about the games, though. As already pointed out, he really dreams big and tends to deliver only half of it. I will definitely play regardless, as I enjoyed Fable I and II.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
All I really want with the houses is to keep others from entering. I swear, I usually end up with half the town in my house, while I'm just trying to redecorate or talk to the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.