Ever took cocaine?

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm working on a story for a national US mag for which I need to talk to people who have taken cocaine in the past or are taking it now. If you may wish, I'll not publish your name in the story. I'll however need your contact details, etc., because the editor might want to get in touch with you during fact checking.

Questions will range from the mundane -- how did you get started with coke-- to the more penetrating: how does it make you feel about yourself? Our initial mode of contact will be e-mail and we can go from there.

In fact, if you know a friend or kin who's into coke (or as they call it snow and blow on the street) and you think they would be interested in being interviewed, that would be cool too.

You can PM or e-mail me off the board if interested. Replying here will also do. I'll get in touch.

Thanks!

Last edited:

PeterL

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Be sure that you get some representation from the twenty percent of people who feel no effects from coke.

Scoody

Banned
Reaction score
Never tried any illicit drug. Hell, I don't even drink. I did do 74 months in prison for dealing though.

Scoody

Banned
Reaction score
Bragging?

No, just offering a perspective. What I see written about an addiction and what I have seen in an addiction are on way opposite ends of the sympathy scale. The more sympathy being drawn out, the higher level of BS involved.

Debeucci

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wesleychu.com
I cannot say if I have or have not ever done cocaine, but if I have, without implicating whether I truly have or have not being it a hypothetical circumstance without any objective evidence or positive drug test or conviction, as a law abiding citizen which would never broach any illegality of any sort, I would say it reminds me hypothetically, of course, of the time I ate an entire chocolate cake followed by a half gallon of ice cream.

PGK

They put those words in my head!
Registered
Reaction score
I cannot say if I have or have not ever done cocaine, but if I have, without implicating whether I truly have or have not being it a hypothetical circumstance without any objective evidence or positive drug test or conviction, as a law abiding citizen which would never broach any illegality of any sort, I would say it reminds me hypothetically, of course, of the time I ate an entire chocolate cake followed by a half gallon of ice cream.

Just so you know there's no law that states you can't admit to past use of illicit narcotics. I could walk into a police station and shout that I'm a Heroin addict (which I'm not) and they couldn't arrest me on anything (other than possibly disturbing the peace if I'm making too much of a spectacle about it).

Hypothetically speaking, of course, however I fail to see the connection between having the "munchies" and cocaine use.

debirlfan

Registered
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, of course, however I fail to see the connection between having the "munchies" and cocaine use.

Not sure that's what she meant. I'm guessing that the poster might be equating the reaction to cocaine to the reaction to a large quantity of chocolate/caffeine/sugar.

I've never tried it, but many years ago I was told by a friend who was a casual user that it would probably have no effect on me anyhow, as I was (am) an extremely heavy coffee drinker. I know I did try pot, and all it did was give me a horrible sinus headache.

PGK

They put those words in my head!
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I see now. Rereading it with that perspective makes the comparison more logical. Sorry, Debeucci.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Be sure that you get some representation from the twenty percent of people who feel no effects from coke.

I think it's more likely that 20% of people think they're buying that and don't get it. I've had to do surgery for priapism on a guy who thought he was buying coke, but mostly it was mellaril (an antipsychotic that in high doses can cause priapism)

PeterL

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's more likely that 20% of people think they're buying that and don't get it. I've had to do surgery for priapism on a guy who thought he was buying coke, but mostly it was mellaril (an antipsychotic that in high doses can cause priapism)

Several people snorting from the same bag, and one feels no effect. It is possible that the others were experiencing the placebo effect, but not with several different collections of people.