This one's for the girls - Victoria's Secret and their size chart

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm ordering a top from Victoria's Secret. I have had trouble in the past with them, ordering the right size, and I didn't really want to order from them again, but I had to. I love their clothes!

I all read ordered the pants. I followed the size chart and ordered a small.

They were too big.

I followed the size chart for the bra top, and it told me to order a small, but I've ordered bathing suits from them before, and usually small is too small on top...so...

I'm a 34C. Anyone out there order regularly from Vicky's Secret and know what size I should order?

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Nope - nadda clue.

I have the same problem - the only clothes I've successfully ordered from them online without having to worry about it fitting is pjs - and even then the last pair I ordered I was grateful for the drawstring in the waist (I could have/should have returned them for the XS, but it just seemed too much work at the time). Too bad they don't sell their "clothes" clothes in their mall store...

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, this thread....

:rolleyes:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Wish I could help, but just wait,
I'm sure Silver King will know... :D

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll stand in for Dino... Victoria's clothing always fits the bedroom floor perfectly.

How'd I do, SK?

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Lingerie is teh stupped!

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm of no use, either, I guess, because their sizing always seems great to me. Especially their jeans -- I'm wearing a pair of them right now. I must be built the same way as their sample size model or something, because they fit perfectly. No issue with their bras, either.

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
Their bra sizes always fit me perfectly, and I'm the same size. I say go for it.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Wish I could help, but just wait,
I'm sure Silver King will know... :D
As luck would have it, there's a Victoria's Secret shop nearby, so I don't have to order items online for my wife. I get to hold up the garment in the middle of the store, turn it this way and that while making appreciative humming sounds, and think, Yup, this number'll fit her like a glove. I haven't been wrong yet, even when choosing items that are a size smaller or larger than she usually wears.

One thing I've found with bras is that you can go up or down a full cup size depending upon the manufacturer and style of the item. That's why it's important not to rely solely on the size tag, but to hold it up and study the item carefully before plunking down fifty bucks for a bra...
I'll stand in for Dino... Victoria's clothing always fits the bedroom floor perfectly.

How'd I do, SK?
Better than I did!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I ordered a slip based on the sizing chart and it turned out to be the perfect size. Same for the bras, when measured correctly. According to them I'm a small, but I do get mediums for underwear. I'm a bit bigger on bottom. :tongue It might in part be a matter of not having measured right. I've never tried their real clothing, though, so I'm not sure in that regard. Pants are so hard to fit anyway because there are so many different factors.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, thanks everyone. I decided to order a small and medium and return whichever one doesn't work. It's confusing b/c I have bras from there that are 34C and fit perfectly, but the pants were huge, and I had to get the smallest size available, and they're still big. I ordered a small bra-top dress from VS last summer, and it fit...except the top was too tight. So I don't know. I'll let ya'll know once the shirts come in.

I have a VS store nearby too. Several of them. But they don't sell regular clothes, only lingerie. They need to start selling regular clothes.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Aw! I thought you were talking bras and pants. I have bought sweaters and sweater dresses that were too darned tight. But they might be designed to wear that way! :)

My shoulders are very broad, so that might be all it is. Good luck :)

Silver King - funny, that's the best way for me to tell bra size, too! I can just tell by seeing the cups. I've seen them often enough, I guess...

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Mari - I'm not buying a bathing suit...yet. I think I will once I get this shirt. There are other bra-top shirts I want to order too, but I'm waiting to see how this one fits.

The pants officially are too big. I have the xs, and I'm keeping them, but I have to pull the drawstring so tight - with the pants sitting on my hips - that it bunches up a little in the back and gives me a bubble butt...or at least, I feel that way. But the SO says I look good, so we'll go with that. LOL (though he loves me, and that's what he's supposed to say...then again, he's very honest and would tell me if they looked like crap)