An Occult Book on Transformation?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm asking this question in the QLTBAG forum as well, to get opinions from the different perspectives.

I've been thinking for a while now about putting together an occult book on transformation. I have two possible approaches.

1) I could write in great depth and specifics on certain metaphysical practices, exercises, and rituals toward the end of gender transformation, largely based on my experiments and researches. Things like visualiztion, mantra yoga, astra transformation, etc. This could be valuable to geniune students of the occult, and seekers of the Great Work, as a way to balance their being, but would also be of interest to those desparate to find a way to assauge their gender dysphoria. More about that in a few.

2) I could write in a dash less depth, but more broadly on transformation, i.e. animal, gender, plant, spiritual.

I have addition moral dilemnas with option 1) due to the fact that some could look at it as though I were taking advantage of their obessession that I at one time shared. For me, the things I did, eventually assured me that GRS was the right option and frankly helped me tremendously in my transition.

Either case, I talking about POD and digital release through my nascent publishing house.

Option 1) I could include a lot more personal material, and my magickal diary when I worked in depth on this stuff would probably make a great appendix.

In either case, I have some very old material that has not been published in hundreds of years that is applicable.

Thoughts?

I appreciate your input. Please, I'd love to hear your thoughts even if you have no concept of tg subjects.

Thanks!

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I think a transformation book geared toward TG subjects would be a wonderful thing. I don't think that there's one specifically geared for them. Although doing one that's just geared toward transformation in general would probably be just as good.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's a great idea, Diana. My ex is tg and I know how much he flounders in his thoughts/decision to actually make the change. Someone speaking from their own experience would probably help him immensely in figuring himself out. That voice of experience goes a long way to helping people not feel like they're totally alone.

Transformation in general has the challenge that any general topic does--the fact that it's general and hard to cover aspects well enough to satisfy people centered only on what they're experiencing.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you both very much. That's the way I'm leaning.

Which title do you prefer:

Ars Alchemi Mutata: A Comprehensive Guide to Transgender Magick

or, simply

Transsexual Magick

or other...

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you both very much. That's the way I'm leaning.

Which title do you prefer:

Ars Alchemi Mutata: A Comprehensive Guide to Transgender Magick

or, simply

Transsexual Magick

or other...

The second one sounds like something Llewellyn might published. Not sure that's what you want.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The second one sounds like something Llewellyn might published. Not sure that's what you want.

I like that one better too, but the romantic in me loves the mystery and archaic sound of the Latin.