Who's Going to RT 2010 in Columbus?

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
The title says it all. Who's going to RT from AW? And, what are the chances of an AW get-together in Columbus while RT is going on? I live half an hour away from Columbus, so I'm willing to coordinate any kind of gathering. If nothing else, we should at least all get together and gossip. So shout out--who's going to be there?

:D

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Is that an answer, or are you seconding my question?

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
*headdesk*

Yep. It's going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooong day.

RT is one of the biggest conventions in the romance genre. Sponsored by Romantic Times magazine, it's chock full of workshops and fun events. On Friday is a huge Book Expo, where small and independently published authors sign books and meet their fans and on Saturday is a huge book signing with the big guns. It should be a good time--busy, but a good time.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
You posted this in OP. Not everyone here is in the romance genre or knows anything about it. Don't be so condescending.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:Wha:

Who's being condescending? I was talking about my own stupidity in not being more specific.

*shrug*

But whatever makes you feel better. Might want to check your condescension meter--it's giving false positives on some people and apparently not going off for you at all.

Last edited:

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like a blast...I'd love to make it but my kids are a little too small for me to leave for the week-end...hubby might go bananas all by his lonesome :) Hope everyone has a great time though. Let us know all about it when you get back.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm probably going to be going nutso on my blog while the convention is going on--either that or making an ass of myself. I'm one of those oddballs who always manages to fall flat on her back in front of a roomful of people. They never forget me, though--"Aren't you the girl who wiped out down the stairs?" is a comment that's followed me throughout my life.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
:Wha:

Who's being condescending? I was talking about my own stupidity in not being more specific.

The long day part made it seem as though it was tiresome to explain it to people. Sorry, I obviously misunderstood.

But whatever makes you feel better. Might want to check your condescension meter--it's giving false positives on some people and apparently not going off for you at all.

That's because I wasn't. I was simply pointing out--based on the obviously incorrect assumption that you were being condescending even unknowingly--that not everyone knows these things.

Misunderstanding in communication over the internet. Stop the presses.

Pyrohawk

Aspiring author
Registered
Reaction score
Columbus OH...grew up on a farm in Greenfield OH.
If I don't have to work I might be interested in showing up. Romance writing isn't my thing...I like to read it sometimes....just not my favorite genre and not one I can write convincingly. But if some folks on here will be going I wouldn't mind meeting a few and lets face it....its not like it would be hard for me to go.

I go to Ohio State..... so I live like 2 miles from the convention center.