Agents, Publishers and distance

MariaPap

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, i am Maria. I live in Greece, and i am 35. I have finished my first novel. Its fantasy fiction, kind of dark and in English. I was wondering how much a factor the fact that i live in Greece will be when i submit to the US. I doubt it will be a problem in the UK, but the US is far and away.

Thanks!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
We just discussed this question here http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173412

The only thing an agent is going to be worried about is whether your book is saleable in the marketplace that they work in. With e-mail and internet telephony it doesn't matter where in the world you are. Many writers rarely meet with their agent, everything is done by e-mail.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
What waylander said.

But I would just add a cautionary note that you need to make sure that your taxable income etc is all legal in your country. I don't know what the rules in Greece are, but I know in Ireland that income earned out side of Ireland, and outside of the EU is all taxed at different rates etc.

So make sure you have a good accountant and a lawyer to look over your interests.