PDA

View Full Version : International Women's Day - time to write?

Ms Hollands
03-08-2010, 09:11 PM
So, today I get to celebrate being a woman. I figured, around the writing I do for work, that I might get time to write something for me. So far, I've done my other half's laundry (he's out of undies, so it's in my best interests too), taken the cat to the vet, tidied the house and done the dishes.

I think, maybe, at 11.30 tonight I might get some time to write. :O)

Anyone else trying to do something a bit indulgent to celebrate the day?

Gretad08
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Wellllll...hmmmmmm...I'm home with my kiddos today b/c their babysitter needed the day off. At some point if I can get them to both sleep at the same time I'd love a nap...I guess we all have impossible wishes and dreams though :)

Wayne K
03-08-2010, 10:09 PM
I made the wife banana bread. I loves my wimmins.

Polenth
03-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Most of these days just pass me by. They don't interest me and I don't do anything special (assuming I know they're happening in the first place... I only tend to if someone mentions it).

I did buy some sparklie candles for my birthday cake today, because days with cake do get remembered (mostly. I can't say I'm totally clear on which day, but I know it's soon and I'll eat cake).

bsolah
03-09-2010, 02:53 AM
I read a heap of articles in the media concerning the day, including a few insightful blog posts on the status of women in regards to the writing industry.

Ms Hollands
03-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Fellow Aussie, please post them up! I'd be especially interested in the one on women and writing. A female friend in the UK is all gung-ho after watching a programme on feminism broadcast in England last night. French TV made no mention of it.

Polenth, you've forgotten when your own birthday is??

bsolah
03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Check out this one: http://writeanything.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/inspirational-female-author/

Ms Hollands
03-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks for that! It took me to another link, and another and now I could be gone all day. :O)

Alpha Echo
03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Never even knew it was International Women's Day, but I did play hookie from work. Read a lot...but no writing.

Polenth
03-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Polenth, you've forgotten when your own birthday is??

I can't remember number sequences properly. I have managed to memorise my birth date, though that's unusual... I don't remember any other static dates, including my family's birthdays or Christmas day. I can't remember today's date because it changes every day (or my age, because it changes every year).

Part of knowing when your birthday is comes down to realising the day has been reached.

But my computer tells me it's soon and I believe it!