No Oscar telecast for me! ABC - Cablevision feud

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
I told Cablevision to drop ABC entirely. They'll go under and we'll have one less pesky network.

Your take?

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Disney just put forth a new proposal and Cablevision says it would agree to binding arbitration with Disney/ABC to return the channel to Cablevision customers in time for the Oscars. We'll see what happens.

The only things I watch on ABC are the Oscars and Lost, and hopefully there will be, other means to view the former the next day or later tonight, so this feud doesn't bother me much, but it is somewhat annoying.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
What should we expect? I'm just amazed hat more hasn't been made out of this. Not the temporary loss of ABC, but the reasons each party gives gullible us for the susension.

Does ABC expect us to believe that they have been paying-what is it?-$400 million dollars yearly to Cablevision and that in some way or other we're not aware of we aren't paying for same?

And does Cablevision, who to my knowledge hasn't disputed the $400 million, expect us to believe that were it not for this money they've received for the past 9 years our monthly Cablevision fee would have been raised?

childeroland

Registered
Reaction score
Cablevision just announced Disney didn't take the deal. They're offering free Movies OnDemand to placate customers.

childeroland

Registered
Reaction score
If you haven't already found an online stream (like me) ABC is broadcasting again on CV.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
I heard a funny noise coming from my TV. A while later I decided to check out ABC 7, and the Oscars was on! I missed the first 2-1/2 hours, but I went to Oscar.com to see acceptance speech video clips.

I missed Barbara Walters' last special. Hey, I bet she called ABC and made a stink about it! Yay, Barbara!